• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

jeep renix system--no start

Kind of. The grooves are all cast/machined into the flywheel. Can't change just the ring or anything. The hesco kit to reposition the CPS to the front of the engine will be the EASIEST fix. You will still have voltage but if you were to actually watch the pattern on a Vantage or other graphing device it wouldn't be correct for this application. I have a renix flywheel if that's what you decide to do.

J

Alright, I will see what crash wants to do.

Moneypit was right.

And I'm not a fan of the Hesco kit. Amanda's ex has this system and he eats CPS when it's hot outside. Plus it's more exposed to the environment. Change the reluctor wheel (flywheel) to the correct one.

T

So here is a perfect example where all the documentaion tells you that the cps is a voltage reference only when in fact the ecm reads the sign wave.. If I had an oscilascope I would have seen this..

So here is a perfect example where all the documentaion tells you that the cps is a voltage reference only when in fact the ecm reads the sign wave.. If I had an oscilascope I would have seen this..

Gotta love the lack of accurate diagnostic information in this industry, eh?

The Renix sensors make AC voltage and HO make DC voltage. Another option is HO EFI and just change the sensor. That way the motor trans can stay where they are. I bought my harness and computer from John (need another for HO auto setup for my '82 Spirit I'm building for the wife)

Under Tools & Equipment::redneck:
B040.JPG

Latest posts