• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jeep Security

dventoza

Well I wanna get some security from my tj or some way to keep it from getting stolen when the top is off. What is everyone else been using? clubs? alarm systems? ingition bypasses? any ideas? all inputs are appreciated!!

I just pull the fuel pump relay.... if they are smart enough to diagnose, find the slot and carry a spare with them, then they need the heep more than me.

I have removable steering wheel, keyed battery disconnect, and two hidden kill switches. Plus it very rarely gets parked out of my sight. :D

Mine gets by on the "it would be really confusing to anyone that doesn't know what they're doing" principle. Plus the hidden switch for the coil wire (it'll crank over, but never fire). Just to keep the honest people honest... If you don't have an alarm, a cheap flashing LED on the dash is a good night-time deterrent.

I lock the glove box, and take the stereo face plate. Someone stole the maglight, but I think that's all I've had go missing.

I don't park in those kinds of places. :flipoff:

Where I live I can leave my jeep out overnight with keys in the ignition and wallet on the dash- and still sleep well. :redneck:

I also have a Tuffy console which works great for "valuables" :awesomework:

On my CJ, I reach down and pop the throttle cable off the peddle. That would slow them down for a few. I have an ignition kill switch hidden, as well as a ball valve on the fuel line. :corn:

I have an alarm system on my jeep with motion sensors for when the top is off. If you stick your arm within the inside of the jeep it will set off the alarm even if you dont touch anything.

Have never had any problems with mine even with leaving it places with the top off.

I have 2 bare wire I touch together to start the jeep and two wires you twist together :booo: