• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jeep trails for camping/scenery

ridered3 said:
Cove is a nice place to ride in terms of scenery etc.

check out Prentice Cooper State Park near Chattanooga too. Never been but the YouTube videos make it appear to be decent trails and nature too.

Prentice cooper is nothing but gravel roads with a couple over looks. You could literally take a stock vehicle over 99% it.

red94yj said:
Sorry for my stupidity. Are y'all referring to coppinger cove when y'all say "the cove"

I am. I love that place but haven't been since 2010. That's where I learned to ride at.

Slade ky. Not as awesome since they closed the bridge, but still awesome. Have to bt plated though. Sheriffs patrol,the trails now since they are county roads.

jeeptj99 said:
Prentice cooper is nothing but gravel roads with a couple over looks. You could literally take a stock vehicle over 99% it.

Ah that's good to know. Got a buddy that has been wanting to go there for a weekend of exploring and camping, so that's why I had heard of it.

mckeddie said:
Slade ky. Not as awesome since they closed the bridge, but still awesome. Have to bt plated though. Sheriffs patrol,the trails now since they are county roads.

I'm camping/working in Slade for most of this year. I can vouch for this area. It has some great sites to see from the road, and several hiking trails to meander around on and see even better sights. Some other fun stuff to do in the area as well.

Also, what bridge are you talking about?

J

ridered3 said:
Ah that's good to know. Got a buddy that has been wanting to go there for a weekend of exploring and camping, so that's why I had heard of it.

It's pretty. We used to ride 4 wheelers out there when I was in high school.

jeeptj99 said:

That's the kind of riding most "Jeep Clubs" like to do, at least from what I've seen. molaugh

If Prentice Cooper is your kind of thing, there is also the Cohutta wilderness in North West GA. I can hit a gravel road 10 minutes from my house and not touch pavement for the rest of the day, lots of places to camp, trails to hike, creeks and rivers to fish, and at least 2 lakes. It's one of the reasons my next build will be street legal for the times I want to just load the kids up to cruise and explore.