• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jeep Wrangler truck?

kushKrawlin

Mongo44 said:
If people can get financing, they will keep paying more and more for ****. No one understands money these days. :dunno:

The problem is also, since pretty much everything is produced by huge corporations that encourage this financing, that there is little to no cash discount, or any benefit AT ALL to paying with cash.

Case in point:
A guy is looking to by a new tractor for $25K, John Deere has 5yr 0%, why in the HELL would someone come out of pocket with $25K when they could pay the exact same amount over 5 years, and leave the cash in an investment or hell even a savings account and draw interest on it.

0% financing is just a bullshit marketing gimmick to sell **** for a lot more than it is worth, and/or to sell a lot more of something. I guess the small scale economics of it works out for the business that is selling the product, but as a whole it really screws with the economy in general.

kushKrawlin said:
Should be a quick 50K plus I'm sure. Just read this email .. Interested to see it.. I'm not a die hard jeep fan.. I like Em, but dam when does it stop? 50-60k for a jeep these days!?! **** on that.. Never thought I would see this.. Trucks too, does it ever stop? Or will the new diesels be 100k dollar trucks in a few years? Dam..
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/09/the-jeep-wrangler-pickup-truck-is-finally-going-to-happen.html

Our local Jeep dealer (very small town) will put on some cheap 4Wheelparts basic lift kit and 33's, then jack the price up another 5-8k. Of course, they'll advertise it as having a "custom" suspension. New jeeps are stupid expensive.

TBItoy said:
The problem is also, since pretty much everything is produced by huge corporations that encourage this financing, that there is little to no cash discount, or any benefit AT ALL to paying with cash.

Case in point:
A guy is looking to by a new tractor for $25K, John Deere has 5yr 0%, why in the HELL would someone come out of pocket with $25K when they could pay the exact same amount over 5 years, and leave the cash in an investment or hell even a savings account and draw interest on it.

0% financing is just a bullshit marketing gimmick to sell **** for a lot more than it is worth, and/or to sell a lot more of something. I guess the small scale economics of it works out for the business that is selling the product, but as a whole it really screws with the economy in general.

You speak nothing but TRUTH sir!

People like me that don't understand financing everything you own wondered how every swinging **** around had brand new RZRs until I went and priced one new. Hell if you paid cash for it you were worse off because you didn't get the extra discounts for financing through Polaris. :gay:

"Times they are a changing"

TBItoy said:

Case in point:

This is why kubota sells so many tractors and mowers. Zero down, zero interest.

They are good tractors so that helps too.

Re: Jeep Wrangler truck?

9d2606013352bf0f7652d3b11b88d9fc.jpg
Check out the sticker price on this hunk of hell! Over 63k and its just a F 150

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

We've worked on a couple new suburbans that got a scratch in delivery . Those bitches not even loaded start around 85k and up! :eek:. Stoopid muney.

As a guy who is interested in purchasing his first NEW truck, this pricing pisses me off a lot. I previously bought a used 2004 XLT Powerstroke crew cab with plenty of options. It came with the window sticker.... $44k. :eek: Simply put I can not justify spending 60-70k on a freaking truck.

As Dave Ramsey says: If you don't have 1 million in assets or cash in the bank, you can't afford the loss you will take on a brand new vehicle....I agree with his thoughts here, but I haven't followed this rule at all...you can spend $800 a month on a new truck with warranty or spend $400 a month on a decent truck with no warranty and dump $100's if not $1,000's into it as you use it for repairs etc....Either way is about the same at the end.

Dwalk said:
Companies has to pay the Union hands ridiculous wages to slop these piles of **** together..... You can thank the unions for these prices for the most part.

Troof. That's why southern right to work state built Jap cars are handing the big three thier asses. If they'd build a full size 3/4-1 ton diesel, they'd have it sowed up.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Troof. That's why southern right to work state built Jap cars are handing the big three thier asses. If they'd build a full size 3/4-1 ton diesel, they'd have it sowed up.

bullshit. I'm not a union guy at all but you wanna know why they are charging 64k for an F150? Cause people are paying it.