• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Joining the 29er club

Nuzzy

So stoked! Weif has been talking about biking since we moved, so we decided recently to bite the bullet and grab some bikes. I haven't ridden since I was 17 :haha: My XTR'd, Judy SL'd GT Zaskar was my last bike before selling to my dad for my little step bro years ago.

Anywho, didn't want to go big money right off the bat (and of course there aren't really any big mountains out here), so I just picked up a 2007 Raleigh XXIX rigid hardtail 29er of Craigslist :clappy::clappy:

I'm pretty excited about getting back into riding :cool: Pics to follow whenever the bike shows up...

Then let the upgrading begin :redneck:

:clappy::clappy:

Feels so good to be on a bike again. :cool:

DSC08614Medium2.jpg

DSC08615Medium.jpg

DSC08619Medium2.jpg

And for once I can go past the gates without any chance of the greenies bitching! :redneck:

DSC08616Medium.jpg

55,000 acre Allegan Game Forrest is a 1/4 mile from our house. :D

Can't wait for my new shoes to come in so I can get my old clipless pedals on. Riding with flatties or toe clips feels weird :haha:

Oh yeah, may need to play with the single speed gearing considering all the flat land out here... But so far I really like the SS.

i want a X-country bike:booo:

My 14" standover SS 26" P1 is gettin old doin 50-60 mile rides a day.

wait.....you ride that beast 50 miles a day?!?!?:eeek: smokes man!!!:haha::haha::haha:

You sir......Animal....:haha:

I have a loop every night now. my house (juanita) to kenmore, to redmond, to the tolt pipeline, to woodinville, to edge of duvall valley, then back to totem lake, then home. :D

I have a loop every night now. my house (juanita) to kenmore, to redmond, to the tolt pipeline, to woodinville, to edge of duvall valley, then back to totem lake, then home. :D

Is it all road? or some gravel? I'd maybe join you if it's all road.....:corn:

mostly gravel, with big rocks. alot of the tolt pipeline is like riding on square baseballs. my arms are allways tingly from the vibes.

yeah I'm kinda stoked also just picked up a specalized hardrock 23inch frame 29 inch tires with frt shocks and dics brakes.
gonna start hitting the bike trails around here need too get my legs in shape.The bike is huge but then so am I at 6ft8 :cheer::cheer:

yeah I'm kinda stoked also just picked up a specalized hardrock 23inch frame 29 inch tires with frt shocks and dics brakes.
gonna start hitting the bike trails around here need too get my legs in shape.The bike is huge but then so am I at 6ft8 :cheer::cheer:

:cool::cool:

I'm loving the leg burn myself.