• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jps samurai rebuild

Jp, yer shop went BOOM!!! again, where's the wife when you need her???:redneck::haha:...........:corn:

:redneck:

Is there any way to flip the tank 180* so the long seam @ the top of the tank is facing to the rear. I know you'd probably have to redo the fuel lines but,if it were mine,I'd feel better with that seam facing AWAY from where I"m sitting. "IF" you lawn dart thing and that seem fails (typical) your gonna get wet.....then hot.....then die.....just sayin.

Looks like a fun rig:beer:

i see what your talking about when it comes to the welded seam.
I cant flip the tank 180 because the mount will hit the fuel lines and would have to redo the entire tank mounts

Also the will be an aluminum wall between the driver compartment and fuel compartment

and im not a hardcore wheeler by any means my rig is way overbuilt for what ill ever do with it
im not a "buggy guy" lol

but after its done and im board one weekend ill flip it around so the seam is on the rear

one last question it the tanks are know for splitting what can i do to help prevent it from splitting

i see what your talking about when it comes to the welded seam.
I cant flip the tank 180 because the mount will hit the fuel lines and would have to redo the entire tank mounts

Also the will be an aluminum wall between the driver compartment and fuel compartment

and im not a hardcore wheeler by any means my rig is way overbuilt for what ill ever do with it
im not a "buggy guy" lol

but after its done and im board one weekend ill flip it around so the seam is on the rear

one last question it the tanks are know for splitting what can i do to help prevent it from splitting

All in time JP All in time..

I bet all the "buggyguys" :fawkdancesmiley: said that same thing at 1 point in time...

Last edited:
All in time JP All in time..

I bet all the "buggyguys" :fawkdancesmiley: said that same thing at 1 point in time...

And then they spent their live savings ...... took out a loan......refinanced their house to become a buggy guy.......Jp...not so much.... I rolled his sami. :haha::haha::haha:

try and support the front wall of the tank so that it can't flex in/out/in/out as the fuel sloshs up against it. It's the constant loading/unloading of the wall that fatique cycles that weld seam. It'll behave indefinetly until it sees a big load like stuffing the nose on a drop and that is what "could" make it fail.

try and support the front wall of the tank so that it can't flex in/out/in/out as the fuel sloshs up against it. It's the constant loading/unloading of the wall that fatique cycles that weld seam. It'll behave indefinetly until it sees a big load like stuffing the nose on a drop and that is what "could" make it fail.

It saw the last drop off a ledge when i totalled it. He will just have a very capable well built trail rig.

you guys are gunshy.....that wreck was a flukey thing....lesson learned:cool: Once your used to the rig and have the bugs worked out....wheel the **** outa that thing :awesomework:

you guys are gunshy.....that wreck was a flukey thing....lesson learned:cool: Once your used to the rig and have the bugs worked out....wheel the **** outa that thing :awesomework:

If it was mine I would. Jp isnt into things like that. I would try that ledge again and want to someday.

Just wrap it up in a couple rolls of duct tape. If mythbusters can make a cannon out of it, it'll hold a fuel cell together. :redneck:

might be doing a shakedown run tomarrow at evans at around 10 am ill keep ya posted if i get the small things done that i need done

1: timing set right
2: breather hose for fuel cell
3: more nitro in shocks but that wont stop me from goin