• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Just a feeler

critter696

Life has happened and I think I have to get rid of my project. Didn't want to post in for sale but here it is........
2007 JKU Sahara
2wd
180k miles
36" irocks (50ish %)on black steelies
Super duty axles, all brackets have been taken off, with stock gears
All suspension brackets have been removed from frame
PSC hydro assist
Dana 300 t-case
Jeep was hit on the right side a couple months ago, I bought it back from ins and planned a 1 ton build. I haven't decided to sell but am just seeing what kind Interest there would be it.
2c1cad5d973dc9ccead13659274fea8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kmcminn said:
Interest would probably depend on the price.

100%

I never understood these types of ads. Why not just put it out there for what you want for it and see how much interest you get. Cut to the chase.

I don't know what I am goin to do, if I decide to sell I would like to sell as a whole. There is a lot of work left to do and I would prob start by askin 10 for it.

And this is not me fishing, I am trying to figure out what I want to do...... I have a baby on the way and want the wife to stay home. This is just a shoot the sh*t with the boys, give me your opinion kinda thread

Sell it and let momma be momma, you can always get more toys, but you won't get another chance to start from fresh with this kid again. I'd say part it out, I made 25% more money parting out a running/wheeling rig than I had it priced for.........

I agree with the part out. IMO, $10k seems hi for what it is. But I'm a cheap @$$. You can get a drivable one ton rig for less. But its not a salvage titled 4 door JK.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

That's the kind of responses I was looking for, I guess I should of worded my original post a little better. Thanks and keep them coming. I'm also thinking about just storing it and picking the project back up once we get settled in

What state is it titled in and how is the title branded? What I am getting at is, can it be rebuilt and put back on the road or is it trail only? Each state is different and that will have a huge impact on the target audience.

A couple questions came to mind when I read the initial post that may help your possible sale:

I noticed it states 2wd, do you have a t-case for it? driveshafts?

Auto or manual?

Have any of the brackets/ tabs for the axles?

Does it have any of the suspension components you were going to use? links, joints, shocks/struts/ coil springs and so on?

I would definitely post some more pics (especially the damage).

Congrats on the baby on the way and good luck with whatever you decide to do. thumb.gif

I have a clean title in hand right now. It's was totaled out due to the front axle and everything attached to it being damaged. The plan is for it to be a daily driver/weekend warrior

Are you selling because you need the cash now? Or are you selling because you won't have time or extra cash to work on it in the next couple of years?

If it's the first... Part it out

If it's the second... Hide it in the corner. It won't cost you dime sitting. As time and or cash starts to easy up, pick up were you left off.

critter696 said:
I have a clean title in hand right now. It's was totaled out due to the front axle and everything attached to it being damaged. The plan is for it to be a daily driver/weekend warrior

That doesn't make sense. Is it a clean title or was it totaled? By definition, if it was totaled at any point and filed as such, it is not a "clean" title.

I'm JK dumb, but that's OK. '07 was the first or one of of the first for those right? The only reason I ask because I remember seeing 2WD versions on the lots when they first come out.

It was totaled but I have a clean title at my house. I don't know if ins messed up or if I try to re register it, they will give me a different title. I have never bought a car back from ins b4 so I'm not sure how it works

ForMud said:
Are you selling because you need the cash now? Or are you selling because you won't have time or extra cash to work on it in the next couple of years?

If it's the first... Part it out

If it's the second... Hide it in the corner. It won't cost you dime sitting. As time and or cash starts to easy up, pick up were you left off.
I don't need the cash, just at the point where I have realized I will not be able to complete it b4 the Lil one gets here. And with us wanting the wife to stay home with the baby, it will take a lil bit to get my money/budget back to the point where I will have the extra cash

carfax will say insurance stsates was total loss but you have to do the paper work yourself in ill anyway thats how my last duramax was my title said nothing bad on it