f5c88165d8997b3ce384e5879df617d0.jpg

Then this happened...

789e39812f53163390f1fdb9fd171373.jpg

And now it looks like this....
c8c74c1187a57e771811b655e9af52a1.jpg

Which brings us to pull a part today...
166989243e7ee5087782fe3488504489.jpg
7f9b408c9f81d8ab34f686b98dcb0660.jpg

I scored a hp44/60 8 lug for a devastating $205. I'm pretty sure the only reason they were still there is the truck was marked as an f150. So nobody even bothered.

I'm not sure how I'm going to do the suspension up front. I'm really considering doing leafs for the sake of cheap and simple. It won't be the best going rig ever, but for what I do, it'll be just fine. I'm open to suggestions, opinions, experience.

Go Y-links for cheap and simple. Ruffstuff has a great kit.

3 links if you want to go for the better option. Ruffstuff also has a great kit :dblthumb:

Stay coils and shocks, so much better than leaves up front.

Links and Speedos are for Europeans, do you wear Speedos , Luke? Leaf springs never rolled over when ol' Adolf and the 12th Panzers came rollin' through. Don't listen to ol' Frenchie, remember that France is giving visas to ISIS like Gacy gave lovin' to teenage boys. Hell, he's probably one of 'em! (ISIS, not a pedophile)

:flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1:

Mike, I'm speechless. lol

Enzo, I've not ruled out the y link. I've considered chopping up my current lift and making that happen. A lot of this is going to be a slow accumulation.

Now to find some cheap wheels and tars....

Leaf springs are for the back of heavy duty trucks that drag your **** to the trail. Link that ****. Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Clean them 3/4 tons up and hose em down with semi gloss black and sell them for $800 on craiglist

Get you a set of 05+ super duty pull outs that have brakes and steering and **** worth having.

Hell get a set of stock 17" super duty wheels.

Weld diffs, install 5.38s

Win!

And you'll do it all for less than a set of chromos for that that HP44.

TBItoy said:
Clean them 3/4 tons up and hose em down with semi gloss black and sell them for $800 on craiglist

Get you a set of 05+ super duty pull outs that have brakes and steering and **** worth having.

Hell get a set of stock 17" super duty wheels.

Weld diffs, install 5.38s

Win!

And you'll do it all for less than a set of chromos for that that HP44.
This all day and be done with it, wish I woulda done that with my zj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

Best advice I ever took was to go straight to tons from my Dana 30/8.8. Best advice I ever ignored was to run link my stuff instead of running links. I wasted more money and time breaking stuff because leafs suck and don't work as well as links. I did go cheap and run coils instead of coilovers, air shocks, or Oris, but my coil setup was cheap and still works great.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re: Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Best advice I ever took was to go straight to tons from my Dana 30/8.8. Best advice I ever ignored was to run link my stuff instead of running links. I wasted more money and time breaking stuff because leafs suck and don't work as well as links. I did go cheap and run coils instead of coilovers, air shocks, or Oris, but my coil setup was cheap and still works great.

Buggy killer....walks everything at windrock! 8)

5BrothersFabrication said:
Links and Speedos are for Europeans, do you wear Speedos , Luke? Leaf springs never rolled over when ol' Adolf and the 12th Panzers came rollin' through. Don't listen to ol' Frenchie, remember that France is giving visas to ISIS like Gacy gave lovin' to teenage boys. Hell, he's probably one of 'em! (ISIS, not a pedophile)

:flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :rolf:

I'm with TBI Toy though.

Re: Re: Re:

tonybolton said:
Buggy killer....walks everything at windrock! 8)
I just copied what the King of Windrock runs. Captured coils and plastic tread 43Sxs FTW!

Re: Re: Just another XJ

TBItoy said:
Minus jumping **** haul ass tune-ability, nothing at all wrong with links, JY coils and white shocks.
I thought I'd compromise and buy Bilstein shocks on mine but they kept locking up trying to keep up on the haul roads with Tony!

onepieceatatime said:
I thought I'd compromise and buy Bilstein shocks on mine but they kept locking up trying to keep up on the haul roads with Tony!

Blowed out whiteys don't hamper yer flexin.

Now we've crapped all over Luke's build molaugh

Instagram-aeksis-photography-all4offroad-b37328.png

The Luke said:
I'm not sure how I'm going to do the suspension up front. I'm really considering doing leafs for the sake of cheap and simple. It won't be the best going rig ever, but for what I do, it'll be just fine. I'm open to suggestions, opinions, experience.

Here's the thing about leafing the front of an xj, from someone who's done it and wheeled with a couple of others. You can make it work, and you can make it work well, but it will never perform as well as a 3 link. I'd do leaves again in a heart beat before a radius arm though. :popcorn:

Been doing some homework. Not going to lie, leaning towards a 3 link.

I am going to hang on to these tho. I'm going to leave them stockish and upgrade as stuff breaks. I know you can buy tons for a decent price and all that. But, when it comes down to it, I can get up and going on these for less than $5-600 if I Jew around. Given that I'm currently fund raising for a baby, I can't justify spending all the additional money that gets wrapped up in tons.

That being said, anybody 3 linked an Xj and have pics or a build thread?

The Luke said:
Been doing some homework. Not going to lie, leaning towards a 3 link.

I am going to hang on to these tho. I'm going to leave them stockish and upgrade as stuff breaks. I know you can buy tons for a decent price and all that. But, when it comes down to it, I can get up and going on these for less than $5-600 if I Jew around. Given that I'm currently fund raising for a baby, I can't justify spending all the additional money that gets wrapped up in tons.

That being said, anybody 3 linked an Xj and have pics or a build thread?
Tyler at Rock Solid Fab makes a nice kit. I think he's in Chattanooga.

Latest posts