• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Kaner

Should there be trails developed that have minimum wheel base and width requirements? Keep the short and skinny out, kind of like a club for fat chicks.

Should there be trails developed that have minimum wheel base and width requirements? Keep the short and skinny out, kind of like a club for fat chicks.

Unfortunatly thats already being done in many places by idiots with oversize tires and little brains. The lower Kaner is the first trail that comes to mind :booo:

Really? Kaner flats in the little Naches? My friend and I did it in a runner with and open front and 31's and a Sami, open front and 33's. Maybe we had small tires and big brains? Nah.

Really? Kaner flats in the little Naches? My friend and I did it in a runner with and open front and 31's and a Sami, open front and 33's. Maybe we had small tires and big brains? Nah.

You would not have made it over Memorial Day.

Just got back from doing Kaner flats last weekend. Certain parts are destroyed because of the wet wheeling, but it appears that they've extended a bridge to solve at least one section. I did see it a couple of weeks afterMEmorial dday and it was ugly and chewed up, but that looked like it could be fixed by simply doing some trail maintance. Do any groups do events to keep the trails up there in shape?

Maybe destroyed was the wrong word, but there were 3 or 4 parts that have gone from one line to several lines and ended up being big bud holes. One of these was fixed by extending an existing bridge, but others need work to close off all the bypasses and fix the original trail.

then you didnt stay on the trail if it was after memorial day this year.

No, it was two years ago. If I went this year it would be on my ktoom. Much faster and a better ride. Does a KTM count as a short wheel base ride?:D

Last edited:
No, it was two years ago.
2 years ago, the rigs you described woulda been just fine....try it again THIS yr (on the original/correct route of the trail you ran 2yrs ago) in the same rigs, then report back...:awesomework:

Unfortunatly thats already being done in many places by idiots with oversize tires and little brains. The lower Kaner is the first trail that comes to mind :booo:
I love it when moderators set such a good example:looser:
If your vehicle is equipped with larger than stock tires that means they are oversized. Which means nearly everyone who wheels falls in this category. Good job:awesomework:

If your vehicle is equipped with larger than stock tires that means they are oversized. Which means nearly everyone who wheels falls in this category. Good job:awesomework:

Just another day in the world of Jim. He won't be happy until everyone is in a cookie cutter rig that is short and narrow just like everyone else and all the "buggy people" are no longer on the trails. :cheer:

Jim probably could have used a different term, like dumbasses that don't stay on the trail (or aren't well enough equipped to be there), but he has done more personally to keep trails open than many, many people.

The lower Kaner was trashed over the Memorial Day holiday by users that were stupid to know how to stay on the trail. It's not one group but one mindset.

Sorry but I am not the one that dug out the 20" deep ruts on the Kaner. In all reality though anyone that "needs" 40" tall tires to run the trails around here really needs some driving lessons before wheeling. The simple fact is that several people with 40" plus tires tore the living **** out of the Kaner around memorial day. This caused other people to go around and create bypasses which also got tore to ****. These people are the ones you can thank for getting trails closed down and for the seasonal clouser that you will most likely see next year for the Naches area. Just one more nail in our perverbial coffin. see for yourself what oversize tires do to a wet trail when driven by someone that just dosent care. And BTW it really dosent matter what you or I think. What really matters here is what the FS thinks. Try asking a forest service ranger as to what should be done about this and things like this.:eeek:

You folks can blame me and people like me all you want but the hard and cold truth is its the idiots that do things like this that are the ones to blame for all of our problem with the trails.

Attachments

• kaner.jpg
    kaner.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 359
  • kaner2.jpg
    kaner2.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 364
just a general number but yes your correct:booo:

I doubt they were 20" deep. I idled though that section on memorial day, on the correct line, and did not even have to spin a tire. I am on 39.5's but I did not tear it up any more than it already was.

On the correct line, straight ahead from what's left of the bridge...no one got thru it this yr, unless they were on the hook to climb the large wall at the hole---last yr it (the hole) buried 2 rigs that were on 38"s (I was there...); at that point last yr there was the line to the right that you see in the pics---last yr, it was an easy way around on 31" clad rigs (open/open)...this yr, there are two ruts there, and another large wall that no one got over (at least without winching)...and to verify the depth this yr, a stick was stuck into the holes, and yes, they were at least 20" deep.....