• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

keep frying alternators

ok so i put the resister in it and its still pushing 16-17v and getting hot to the point that you cant put your hand on it wile running. and when turned off with the ing off it gets worm. Imo going to try bigger wire going to my starter silonoid. the only thing now that is different than the diagram is that i have my brown wire hooked up to my ing instead of my coil +

key on, eng off, mesure the voltage @ the coil
key on, eng off, mesure voltage @ the bat.
if theres more than 0.5volt diferance then theres a voltage drop in the ignition circuit.
i dont recall seeing what type of rig its on, but alot of rigs dont run 12+v @ the coil.....
personaly, id run the sence wire to the fuse block, or worst case to the bat terminal. atleast that way you wouldnt over charge that bad.

key on, eng off, mesure the voltage @ the coil
key on, eng off, mesure voltage @ the bat.
if theres more than 0.5volt diferance then theres a voltage drop in the ignition circuit.
i dont recall seeing what type of rig its on, but alot of rigs dont run 12+v @ the coil.....
personaly, id run the sence wire to the fuse block, or worst case to the bat terminal. atleast that way you wouldnt over charge that bad.

its on a 92 4.3 motor but i thru that one really far and put a 1 wire on it and its working great.