• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Kia sportage sas w vortec

traildemon

So I bought this thing about a year ago for $100 because i wanted something that had 4 doors and I could beat the s#!t out of and not feel bad about it so this was perfect plus its something a little diferent. the original plan was to put everything out of my 88 ramcharger in it but i figured that would be a little tight so I decided on a chevy 4.3 vortec, with a th350 to toyota cases and axles. I am going to put TG front leaf spring in the front and a three link in the rear planning on around a 114" wheel base but we will see. front & rear winches a nice smooth belly plate bumpers and an exo cage to keep the big ass windows in it. so here it goes

Last edited:
love the non-typical builds. Don't just be a tease, get started lets see some pics. :corn:

Attachments

• feb 24 10 blackberry 001.jpg
    feb 24 10 blackberry 001.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,963
  • feb 24 10 blackberry 003.jpg
    feb 24 10 blackberry 003.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,959
  • feb 24 10 blackberry 007.jpg
    feb 24 10 blackberry 007.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,951
Last edited:
here is the pile of parts I pulled out of it

View attachment 41372

the frame needs to be ground down but I got it trimmed and ready for some grinding

View attachment 41373

tomorrow I will get the frame ground down and hopefully get the front axle hung. I did drop the 4.3 and trans in today to test fit but the pics dissapeared but it fit good no trimming on the firewall needed but one little 4" x 4" square on the right side of the tunnel. I was very excite :bananadance:

Attachments

• feb 24 10 blackberry 013.jpg
    feb 24 10 blackberry 013.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,929
  • feb 24 10 blackberry 015.jpg
    feb 24 10 blackberry 015.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,918
Last edited:
Sometin' different...:cool: I think I've only ever seen one other Kia built up....turned out pretty cool IMO...Lookin forward to progress....:awesomework:

Sometin' different...:cool: I think I've only ever seen one other Kia built up....turned out pretty cool IMO...Lookin forward to progress....:awesomework:

I have seen 1 other one done too but never seen one where they get rid of that underpowered pos engine that they come with tho

so i take it the th350 bolted up no problem? :awesomework:

Yup. that guy didnt know what he was talking about. but he did have me worried for a bit. so I guess i dont know that much about this chevy stuff either.:scratchhead: but I also dont claim to own a trans shop :D

So I bought this thing about a year ago for $100 because i wanted something that had 4 doors and I could beat the s#!t out of and not feel bad about it so this was perfect plus its something a little diferent. the original plan was to put everything out of my 88 ramcharger in it but i figured that would be a little tight so I decided on a chevy 4.3 vortec, with a th350 to toyota cases and axles. I am going to put TG front leaf spring in the front and a three link in the rear planning on around a 114" wheel base but we will see. front & rear winches a nice smooth belly plate bumpers and an exo cage to keep the big ass windows in it. so here it goes

Did you smoke your lunch again.:fawkdancesmiley:

Nice to see something different:corn: see ya monday:awesomework:

alright wes see you then (hopefully) every since I started working on my own stuff my phone keeps ringing) but i will try & sneak over there monday morning

Did you smoke your lunch again.:fawkdancesmiley:

And you im going to bring you some lunch monday to smoke that way we can get on the same page :flipoff:

love the non-typical builds. Don't just be a tease, get started lets see some pics. :corn:

something different to work on is kinda cool once in a while

Sweeeeet, looking forward to this one :D

me too :D

:cheer:this one will be sick!!!! keep us posted!!:awesomework:

I hope so its not going to be near as hard of a project as I thought it was going to be. I will keep rolling as long as everyone else quits bringing their projects over but its nice to make a little $ instead of just spending all mine up :awesomework:

:awesomework:wow atleast it has a frame!!! i figured somthing like that would be uni-body

I always thought so too till I pulled a stock one out of the snow a while back its a stout frame too fully boxed front to rear Im impressed with it myself

Kinda cool I like the stuff that you dont see every day.:awesomework:

thats what I was thinkin.

thanks for all the positive feedback so far guys. :beer:

and today my plan was too get the front springs hung but about an hour into it I got a call that someone needed some gears done by this weekend to go wheelin I figured no big deal so the truck was run up here in front wheel drive needless to say it made a mess of the rear third member:mad: and to top it off it was his only trasportation so I was stuck doing it today so that I didnt have someone sleeping on my couch tonight :D then a project for tomorrow showed up but before he got here I got a call cause his tow rig had blown a rearend on the way up to my house so that made it into two friday pojects Damn 10 bolt rearends (BTW if anyone has a ten bolt rearend laying around he will prob buy it pm me if you have one :D anyways thats enough bitchin

I figured the axle was going to be moved ahead about 7 inches w the hanger that I built so I think I still might be able to run 40s :awesomework: I will have 24" from center of axle back to the fender without trimming anything and there is about 1 1/2" i can trim on top of that so that should work pretty good. I will try and get some more done tomorrow and get some more pics posted up.

Latest posts