• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Killing coyotes

At least as big as a coke can, one can of great stuff spray foam will make all you need!!!!

jrhall said:
Large treble hook, steel leader piece of chicken. Hang um like limb lines.... bury coyote. . Don't get caught. Illegal as hell works like a motherfucker

This works....it is highly effective....

jrhall said:
Large treble hook, steel leader piece of chicken. Hang um like limb lines.... bury coyote. . Don't get caught. Illegal as hell works like a motherfucker

IF someone was to do this..how high off the ground is the recommended min/max

If I had the time I would for sure come blast a few. The old man is a coyote killin machine! Sometimes I think if he had a monster buck in the scope with a yote, he would probably shoot the yote. :****:

If I'm not mistaken, I think there is open season year round on them in Alabama.

Great peranese or Anatolian shepard maybe I spelled that. Right anyway we had coyote s real bad got the dogs and coyote s gone

Just hang some chicken legs on a steal cable with a treble hook off the ground a bit got yo make them jump to get it.
Sporting and bacon grease does wounders as well.
JK I would never hurt such a majestic creature..

Use the bigger ones shaped like a peanut and soak them good. They will chew into them and get more than they need.they will die somewhere.

Pretty much everything in this thread is illegal in some form or another. Some is just plain wrong. (No animal deserves to hang from a hook until dead.) If you get caught baiting, its about a $500 fine.

You can hunt them during daylight hours only, with an electronic call. If you don't bow hunt, buy you a decent cross bow (or let a hunter hunt them) and an electronic call. You don't need to spend a great deal of money. It will have all the call settings you need. Study up a little and just hunt them. Forums and youtube are great tools. Getting a coyote close in for a shot....Nothing like it. Better than deer hunting for a rush. (IMO) They're smart, great sense of smell, and can see pretty well too. Its a hell of a challenge hunting them. I know you said noise is a factor but I like a 22-250. Don't spend the money on a one of those twitching critter things. A white feather on a string will do the same thing. Just need a little movement to peak interest. A second set of eyes with you will help a lot too. If they're that thick in there, they haven't been called to. The first few will be easy....They're smart though. Coyotes will run in pairs with their mate. If you shoot one, let it lay. You can double every once in a while. Good luck! :dblthumb:

They're smart though. Coyotes will run in pairs with their mate. If you shoot one, let it lay. You can double every once in a while. Good luck! :dblthumb:
[/quote]

ive shot one in a pack in the tail and he will start spinning and biting his own damm tail!! then they all start jumping on that one!! then u and your buddies have a field day on the pack!! lots of fun! HAVE FUN!! :dblthumb:

i hunt coyotes with my bare hand yeeee yeeeee yeeeeeeeeeee yeeeeeeeeee yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I SAY FEED THEM AND TURN THEM INTO PETS... BUT IM NOT A HUNTER!!!! I HAVE SEVERAL ROAMING AROUND BEHIND MY HOUSE . THEY DONT SEEM TO BOTHER MUCH , BUT THAT MIGHT ME BECAUSE I HAVE A 100LBS GERRMAN SHEPPARD. BAITING THEM AND HANGING THEM FROMA TREE IS BULL **** IN MY OPINION .

Any of y'all that "hunt" them with treble hooks and line is f*cked up. If you can't hunt them don't hit the woods. Traps or a gun have some common sense. If you can identify the alpha male in the pack and kill him the rest will move out of the area. It seems to work. TWRA is who advised me on that.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

Draco said:
Pretty much everything in this thread is illegal in some form or another. Some is just plain wrong. (No animal deserves to hang from a hook until dead.) If you get caught baiting, its about a $500 fine.

You can hunt them during daylight hours only, with an electronic call. If you don't bow hunt, buy you a decent cross bow (or let a hunter hunt them) and an electronic call. You don't need to spend a great deal of money. It will have all the call settings you need. Study up a little and just hunt them. Forums and youtube are great tools. Getting a coyote close in for a shot....Nothing like it. Better than deer hunting for a rush. (IMO) They're smart, great sense of smell, and can see pretty well too. Its a hell of a challenge hunting them. I know you said noise is a factor but I like a 22-250. Don't spend the money on a one of those twitching critter things. A white feather on a string will do the same thing. Just need a little movement to peak interest. A second set of eyes with you will help a lot too. If they're that thick in there, they haven't been called to. The first few will be easy....They're smart though. Coyotes will run in pairs with their mate. If you shoot one, let it lay. You can double every once in a while. Good luck! :dblthumb:

What about my posts are illegal?

Next time you cook a big breakfast take a large sponge cut it in to large squares. Soak up the bacon grease are any meat grease put them out in the woods. they cant digest or pass them.. can not say this works from first hand but my grandfather swears by it.

Re: Re: Killing coyotes

Pumpkin said:
Save the treble hooks and sponges for child molesters.

Bingo

I'll be bow hunting them but no way I'm doing any of the stuff listed above.