• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

King of the Gypsies!

RusM

Finally found a decent deal on a diesel! 97 Dodge 3500 2wd dually Club Cab, quad clutch torque converter, 4" straight pipe (needs to be toned down some), 19.5 G rated tires. Needs some cosmetic stuff but otherwise good to go!
IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

nice ride russ...hows that convertor?

Thanks Shane, sorry I didn't get back to you this guy finally called me back and I got excited and forgot about yah! The convertor seems to work really good so far, haven't towed anything with it yet so hopefully I didn't get sold a bill of goods! But even if I did the price was right. :cheer:

Hand calculated 20.63 mpg last tank. I was hoping to get 22 on my commute, but I've got a good amount of city driving and flogging it on this tank

Hand calculated 20.63 mpg last tank. I was hoping to get 22 on my commute, but I've got a good amount of city driving and flogging it on this tank

Get an edge ez for it. Mine is a 2500 4x4 but on the highway trips I was getting 26.8mpg.

Hand calculated.. I have a Volant CAI, 4" exhaust and the programmer. The programmer made a big difference in MPG.

Last edited:
Get an edge ez for it. Mine is a 2500 4x4 but on the highway trips I was getting 26.8mpg.

Hand calculated? Or overhead readout? Yours must be a freak truck if that's hand calculated.

With a number of cheap mods, the 2wd can definitely see 30+ with a light foot.

Last edited:
Yea I agree. 30 was what I've seen when people mod their truck and drive their truck with mileage in mind. Very few do that.

That being said, I usually averaged 16 :haha:

WHich ones? :corn:

Honestly, I see the claims but never look through the mods. I knew I'd never care to do it to my truck. There's a guy on the bomber board that is in the upper 20's with his 2nd Gen 4x4 that would be good to get info from.

Nice truck. :cool:
I laughed at the title and expected to see some gypsy ****.. Whenever a car comes into work to "refix", after someone with a lack of knowledge tried to fix a dent with paper mache' and bomb can primer, we always say "Looks like the gypsies got to another one." :haha:

The Gypsies had their way with this whore...

First oil change, goddamn! Still managed to make a mess, but this is the easiest vehicle I've ever changed the oil on (outside of heavy equipment)! Looks like next time I'll go for the full 3 gallons of Rotella, put in 11 quarts and still had to add half a quart to get it to come up to the bottom of the add line.

i love my 97 but i always get about 15 with mine(4x4 5spd dually ext cab), but i have a 5 min comute half of it is a steep hill. back when it was stock it got great milage though, the guy i got it off claimed to hit 25 driving cross country pulling a horse trailer.

now go get a fuel plate 4k springs turbo and blow that tranny up :redneck:.

i love my 97 but i always get about 15 with mine(4x4 5spd dually ext cab), but i have a 5 min comute half of it is a steep hill. back when it was stock it got great milage though, the guy i got it off claimed to hit 25 driving cross country pulling a horse trailer.

now go get a fuel plate 4k springs turbo and blow that tranny up :redneck:.

It's got a fuel plate already but it's not fully tuned up yet. I was thinking 3.2k spring, bump up the timing and BHAF and that's it! But I'm also thinking I really should've held out for a 4x4.... :mad:

i think the 4k spring was my favorite mod out of everything, blew up a newer stock clutch as soon as it was installed lol