• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KMcminn's new rig

This is probably the nicest YJ that I have ever seen, really is a super sharp rig thumb.gif. I hated to see you roll it again.

Are you going to put another windshield frame on again or just run it without?

WHIZARD said:
This is probably the nicest YJ that I have ever seen, really is a super sharp rig thumb.gif. I hated to see you roll it again.

Are you going to put another windshield frame on again or just run it without?

He drives it on the road, so he will paint another windshield, I promise. For what happened, he has got to be the luckiest guy on the planet. Super small dent and a windshield from what I saw. I am sure he will post up some close up shots of all the damage he is gonna have to fix :popcorn:

lowbudgetjunk said:
He drives it on the road, so he will paint another windshield, I promise. For what happened, he has got to be the luckiest guy on the planet. Super small dent and a windshield from what I saw. I am sure he will post up some close up shots of all the damage he is gonna have to fix :popcorn:

TINY spot on the cowl, three dime size dents on the hood, busted windshield and frame... I have seen more damage happen from a shopping cart. Jeep drove away and he walked away, LUCKY

The hardest part about tuning shocks is gaining the motivation to **** with it. McMinn revalving is just proof anybody can do it :****:

I know stingers on the front of rigs are kinda not cool anymore, but they really save a lot of damage from happening most of the time, I know I have rolled mine many times, and have always been able to drive out.

Yeah, so far it has really helped. I will not be getting rid of the stinger. If it wasn't for the body armor this rig would be crushed. I do have some damage from the roll Saturday on the back driver side upper corner but it's a dent the size of a baseball. I like the Genright aluminum stuff but I don't know if it would have held up like the BTF steel armor. The damage on the cowl that Tyler was talking about was from the 2015 Hardline ride at Grayrock. If you are considering building a jeep buy armor.

If you have a 570 Ranger it won't help. The steel body armor would probably weigh it down, blow out the super mud tires even with beadlocks and the shocks tightened up. Hey what can you expect when you have the runt of the Polaris lineup. The good thing is it will haul around more beer than the cheaper RZR 170. That shouldn't matter when you quit drinking. The good thing about the 570 is can haul around a fiancé wearing the ring you sold your sweet crawler for. The same crawler you gained more knowledge than Jesus himself while owning. Knowledge about coilovers or anything 4x4 while you owned it. So much knowledge you had to purchase property to store the information. Now that you have sold the crawler there is so much brain space available you rent the space out. With all the extra income you will then have you are going to retire early and will have no use for your bachelor's degree that you are currently going to school for... :flipoff1:

How much street driving do you do in this rig? I'm in process of putting blinkers and stuff back on my lil truggy to make it street legal-er... Really considering getting a set of 37 red labels to replace the shittastic Iroks on there now, but the way some people talk, the sticky would burn down in 100 miles. At most I'd be driving 20-30 miles to my mountain land or golden mountain.

TBItoy said:
How much street driving do you do in this rig? I'm in process of putting blinkers and stuff back on my lil truggy to make it street legal-er... Really considering getting a set of 37 red labels to replace the shittastic Iroks on there now, but the way some people talk, the sticky would burn down in 100 miles. At most I'd be driving 20-30 miles to my mountain land or golden mountain.
I regularly drive it 15 miles at a time on the road. I dont think it has killed the tires any but I'm not doing burnouts. With the th350 transmission I can run 65 by GPS down road no issues. I wish had some of the Yukon hubs instead of flanges. Most of my road driving is to the beer store (kels), car wash and dollar general. I was driving it to the golf course but since time has gotten rare the golf has came to an end.

I don't think they'd wear near as fast as what a lot of people think. I know Chad drives his Sami on the road some around where we live with 37 reds and has had them for several years now and they still look good. When you see people with bald ass reds, they've likely been smoked off multiple times on slick rock bc ppl think it's cool to do big loud smokey burnouts in front of crowds molaugh

In all honesty, factoring in highway use, you'd probably see a major difference over the iroks if you just bought a brand new set of bias 38.5" TSL's. They hook up dang good on rock with about 8 psi unless it's wet.

The pavement at windrock is a concern for me if I get a set of stickies. I don't think it would be that big a deal if it were a straight road but it's constant switchback turns for a good half mile or better. Valid concern or just being paranoid?

Just paranoid man, John G was talking Friday about some guy he knew that drove over 1500 miles on reds during one of those ultimate adventure deals, and said they looked fine. And I drive mine often on 15-20 mile trips. If I know I'm going to be on the road riding for awhile, I will put around 15-20 psi in tires, but would never go thru all that crap for a couple miles.

Just feeling of the tires, 43 sticky tsl's feel MUCH softer than reds. Soft doesn't necessarily mean sticky like a lot of people think, reference a red outcrawling a 43 sticky. The compound in a red is obviously engineered much better, but it is a harder tire than the 43 sticky tsl, so in a lab test, I'd say the 43 sticky would wear faster on the road. But realistically, if highway driving is kept to a minimum, I don't think there's much to worry about with either.

Hell, just buy you a Polaris if you wanna ride on the highway! :flipoff1:

Good deal. I really like the idea of a built/capable "dual sport" rig. It would have to be a Jeep or something mostly tube though, because I couldn't handle trying to keep glass and functioning doors in anything with a full roof/windshield.

I'm planning on gearing the Gremlin to 5.29 and running 37s eventually. Every time I'm in the woods in my Tacoma (wheelin in trails I drive to), I always see rocks and side trails I want to hit. Plus there are some nice dry creekbeds on my land that I'd like to run, and trailering a rig up there is inconvenient.

Dumb story, but I had a set of new 39 reds when I was building the gremlin, decided I wanted 37s, so I traded them to Mo for some Treps and Creeper Locks, ran them one time. Engine blew up, then I traded the Treps to a chicken farmer for a Samurai, sold the sammy, bought a set of wore out Iroks and beadlocks and rim stiffeners from jccarter, sold the beadlocks to tonybolton, welded the rim stiffeners to a set of 17" steelies that were sitting in the garage the whole time and mounted up the bald Iroks.... At the time I was gathering parts for a 1 ton buggy and the plan was to use the Iroks for mock up on it and buy another set of 39 reds for the Gremlin... which I had to begin with. Meanwhile we have our first kid, I sold off all the parts and chassis for the 1 ton buggy, and in the last 6 months we've been slow at work so I haven't been able to justify dropping $1.5-2K on a set of tires that will get used a half dozen times a year...