• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Knoxville TN Garage Quote Needed!

mikemounlio

I am thinking about moving to the Knoxville, TN area. Most of the houses i am looking at have a nice built in 2 car garage. I would need to add a detached garage of some kind. I saw a post a while ago about buildings so i though i might ask about price for that area. If you build simple garages or just cheap barn style please get in touch with me. Knowing a general idea of how much a garage will be would really help me pick the right house. Thanks guys.

mikemounlio said:
5BrothersFabrication how do you like Knoxville?

Love it. Wish they'd kick U.T. the fawk out. I hate liberals and college kids. Other than that, it's central to alot of good wheelin, central to alot of good dirt tracks (and we have 5 within an hour, one 15 min from me), and job market is great. You can quit your job after work today and go work somewhere else the day after tomorrow. Housing market is on the lower end, nowhere near yankee prices. People are friendly, colored folk know better, kids are assholes (but thats anywhere), and old folk are awesome.

Anything else?

5BrothersFabrication said:
Love it. Wish they'd kick U.T. the fawk out. I hate liberals and college kids. Other than that, it's central to alot of good wheelin, central to alot of good dirt tracks (and we have 5 within an hour, one 15 min from me), and job market is great. You can quit your job after work today and go work somewhere else the day after tomorrow. Housing market is on the lower end, nowhere near yankee prices. People are friendly, colored folk know better, kids are assholes (but thats anywhere), and old folk are awesome.

Anything else?

That was a damn good answer. molaugh molaugh

5BrothersFabrication said:

Anything else?
Great answer man thank you. I have been looking at the houses the last couple days. The prices are very nice down there. I live in a college town now so im kinda used to that. I cant wait to get down there.

I wouldt think of living anywhere else. I've been here most of my life. Lots of good offroad parks within a couple hours. Windrock-30 minutes, Harlan-2 hours, GMP-1.5 hrs, AOP-2 hrs. Also like mike said, the job market is better than most and real estate prices are good. Also have tons of lakes if that's your thing. we have no gang problems!!!!

I spent most of the week around Knoxville. Mostly around the I-75/Merchants Dr. area. I was chaperoning for a group of high school kids at a christian school academic/art/athletics competition. And yes, me as a chaperone is every bit as scary as it sounds.

I kept seeing a blue Suburban with a Barnyard Fab sticker in the back window in the parking lot of the school we were at. I never could figure out who was driving it though. I would have liked to see if it was someone from here.

Knoxville is a pretty nice area, but still just too much traffic for this country boy to live there. Then there's the whole UT thing. If I had to hear Rocky Top that much I'd be ready to stab a Vol fan in the neck with a fork. They're bad enough up here in the corner of the state, I can't imagine how obnoxious they must be there during football season.

hokie_yj said:
I spent most of the week around Knoxville. Mostly around the I-75/Merchants Dr. area. I was chaperoning for a group of high school kids at a christian school academic/art/athletics competition. And yes, me as a chaperone is every bit as scary as it sounds.

I kept seeing a blue Suburban with a Barnyard Fab sticker in the back window in the parking lot of the school we were at. I never could figure out who was driving it though. I would have liked to see if it was someone from here.

Knoxville is a pretty nice area, but still just too much traffic for this country boy to live there. Then there's the whole UT thing. If I had to hear Rocky Top that much I'd be ready to stab a Vol fan in the neck with a fork. They're bad enough up here in the corner of the state, I can't imagine how obnoxious they must be there during football season.

You weren't even in a good part of town. That's the part of town I work in, well it's zoned for the school I teach at. That's one of the lower income parts of Knoxville. If you go across the river to south Knoxville it's much better. Honestly any of the outer areas of Knoxville get more country with farmland and wooded land. And there's nothing wrong with UT or rocky top. I'm a fan. GO VOLS!!!!

pholmann said:
You weren't even in a good part of town. That's the part of town I work in, well it's zoned for the school I teach at. That's one of the lower income parts of Knoxville. If you go across the river to south Knoxville it's much better. Honestly any of the outer areas of Knoxville get more country with farmland and wooded land. And there's nothing wrong with UT or rocky top. I'm a fan. GO VOLS!!!!

Except Vestal. Unless you like pills, mullets, and trash in people's yards, then it might be for you. :****:

Im looking at houses in the northern side as that's close to the one job i have applied for so far. Found a few nice houses and from google street view they seem nice with good neighbors.

mikemounlio said:
Im looking at houses in the northern side as that's close to the one job i have applied for so far. Found a few nice houses and from google street view they seem nice with good neighbors.

Don't buy a house according to where you work. I used to get from south Knox to Halls in far north Knox in 22 minutes. I can make it from my house to my work on Middlebrook (and that's through downtown traffic) in 14 minutes. Knoxville is a pretty easy commute.

Unfortunately in north Knox, and Patrick will back me up on this, you will have several 100+ year old houses that run in the $200+k range with elderly lawn nazis RIGHT next to a pill poppin welfare mom and whatever dark meat is willing to stab it on a semi-regular basis, plus his friends who will nab everything you don't have bolted down. That is ALL OF north Knoxville up to Emory. If you can find school zones, and you're absolutely sold on north Knox, look for anything zoned for Gibbs High. It's country and you'll like it better. West Knox is high as fawk, but anything past Cedar Bluff will get you away from the riff-raff. South Knox is good past Stone Rd, east knox is good past John Sevier, unless you have kids. They would be zoned in a pretty "cultural" school.

Like I said, ride down and I'll drive you around, give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Mike is right. Knoxville is an easy commute. Don't let work dictate where u live. Find where u like and work wherever. The area I'm in is the absolute best in Knoxville in my opinion. Deep South Knoxville near Blount county.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2018-Rhea-Rd-Knoxville-TN-37920/41711887_zpid/

The farm on the north side of the road is mine. Great area. House prices are a little more than some areas but it's worth it.

Im looking for 1400+sq st 2-3 bed with lots of garage or area for one. Just from online searches it seems that i find houses on the north side. Ill have to head down that way before i actually buy a house tho. Ill rent a small place while i find the right house. Its hard shopping for a house in a place you have never spent time in.

I am hoping to hear back from a company this week. If they pass on me then i might stay in my area a bit longer to finish up a second degree. I still have no clue as to what i wanna do tho.