• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Krawler (blue label) or MTR (non-sticky)???

Krawlers or MTR's???

• Krawlers (blue label)

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • MTR's (non-sticky)

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Boobies (big n jiggly)

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters

Boosted

I have an opportunity to purchase some brand new blue label Krawlers at a very good price and I am wondering what the general consensus is....

Which tire should I go with for all purpose wheeling and minimal street use (driving to and from wheeling)? Both would be 37x12.50R17 in size....the Krawlers or MTR's?

Thanks, Bill

I've run both tires, in those compounds, in that size. I honestly think they both work very well. I haven't had a chance to play with the MTR's yet personally in the rocks, but have seen them consistently do very very well in that environment. Performance-wise they are very similar, the major difference appears to be in the price. The BFG's average about $125 to $150 more PER TIRE. New for new, if the cost difference is $600ish, I'd have no hesitation buying the Goodyear's again.

I honestly can't answer that. I've run 'em both... the MT/R may have a very slight advantage in the snow, but it's NOT huge.

I honestly can't answer that. I've run 'em both... the MT/R may have a very slight advantage in the snow, but it's NOT huge.

Maybe it's the compound that makes the difference, but IIRC Joe had the Krawlers and had to chain up to get around in the snow when we were at Evans, but then I recall you having them at Evans and getting around fine, must be the difference between the sticky Krawlers and the DOT Krawlers.

Maybe it's the compound that makes the difference, but IIRC Joe had the Krawlers and had to chain up to get around in the snow when we were at Evans, but then I recall you having them at Evans and getting around fine, must be the difference between the sticky Krawlers and the DOT Krawlers.

Yes, those are the red label stickies, and they are like sponges in the snow, suck up the water and freeze and turn into slicks.

So, spill it, what's the price on the BFG's? :flipoff: If it's cheaper than buying Goodyear's, I'd run the BFG's... otherwise, I'd go MTR.

So, spill it, what's the price on the BFG's? :flipoff: If it's cheaper than buying Goodyear's, I'd run the BFG's... otherwise, I'd go MTR.

The Goodyears are on backorder with no release date as of this morning. I was able to find 2 that I could have here this week for $756 but thats it. Who knows when I will be able to get 3 more....I wish I still had a set from the 10 old school MTR's I got from you John altho quite honestly, I dont think they work nearly as good as the new style.

Just waiting to see if 5 Krawlers are available.

Big n jiggly boobies are way out of my price range and I wont be able to "fit" (no pun intended) them into my budget. :;

Last edited: