• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Kyles REVAMP!!!!

Looking good Crash, I remember seeing Kyle's rig at the comp, it should work much better now with the upgrades you've done.:awesomework:
I think that Jato driveshaft is going to come apart though. I had to use 2 females, cut the yoke off the male and glued it into one of the females, to get it long enough.
Any plans for dig?

Looking really good so far.
Lock out the rear and it'll be ready. The shock placement looks good and will give it some nice flex but not too much.

I found the body finally and will be shipping it in the morning. it was in a box under some other boxes that shouldn't even be in the garage. :mad: .:redneck:

kylerc14.jpg

Where do you buy those shock mounts (chasis end mounts)? I think something like that would really help my binding situation ALOT. I've got a RC shop not far from me in Covington so I'll start there but thought I'd ask.

Also, post pics when you get the batteries mounted, are you running the small packs on the axles, or are you running the sticks on the chasis?

Where do you buy those shock mounts (chasis end mounts)? I think something like that would really help my binding situation ALOT. I've got a RC shop not far from me in Covington so I'll start there but thought I'd ask.

Also, post pics when you get the batteries mounted, are you running the small packs on the axles, or are you running the sticks on the chasis?

I think those are just some bushings and a long screw.

Looking really good so far.
Lock out the rear and it'll be ready. The shock placement looks good and will give it some nice flex but not too much.

I found the body finally and will be shipping it in the morning. it was in a box under some other boxes that shouldn't even be in the garage. :mad: .:redneck:

Kyles pretty stoked----just gotta get another servo.

Also what kind of body mount pins are out there? The tlt ones are kinda in rough shape :redneck:

Looking good Crash, I remember seeing Kyle's rig at the comp, it should work much better now with the upgrades you've done.:awesomework:
I think that Jato driveshaft is going to come apart though. I had to use 2 females, cut the yoke off the male and glued it into one of the females, to get it long enough.
Any plans for dig?

We tested it---no problem :awesomework:

Dig---once he gets good with this then we can upgrade :awesomework:

So here are the electronics mounted--nothing fancy. The ESC kyle has been running has actually worked really good.

kylerc18.jpg

So since kyle already had 2 battery packs ans since we are trying to keep this on the low side of the $$-- I opted to just retain the battery packs both me and kyle have been runing. Now granted these are probably not the best configuration for a comp rig--but our rigs are more for bashing than comps anyways and until he craps one pack out we will just keep doing these (and at that point I will just make a few battery parks once I figure out all the lingo with batteries)..

kylerc19.jpg

kylerc20.jpg

kylerc21.jpg

I used the stock tlt battery platform and added a front support brace and screwed the back side to the plastic cross brace. Its actully pretty stout and should hold up to some abuse..

So its got a good amount of flex due to the shock limitation..
kylerc23.jpg

So for a temp fix--I made up some extensions for the temp body..

kylerc24.jpg

And here is the temp body so we can get it out and see how it does...

kylerc25.jpg

Well when we got home yesterday--kyle had a box and here is his new body--I went and re-did the mounts and it fits nicely..

kylerc26.jpg

So we went out for a little testing--and the thing works perfect--except steering which is next...

kylerc27.jpg

kylerc28.jpg

kylerc29.jpg

kylerc30.jpg