• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Kyles REVAMP!!!!

I like the body, Kyle is pretty darn stoked on it.

I see you course comes littered with beer cans already:haha: :haha:

Looks great.
One thing I think I'd do is put the battery on top of the servo. Velcro then use a zip tie to keep it there.
The body looks good too. Personally I'd lower it some. But thats just me.

Well kyles rig just got better. i have decided to change and just get rid of the rear servo on both our rigs. so kyle got the rear out of my rig(all alumn c's and knuckles) and a good steering servo since both our rigs will have R2 trannys here soon for front digs...:awesomework:

I also re-did the link geometry after a # of hours of setting mine up...

Well kyles rig is finally ready for the comp..

I went and got him a set of beadlocks and his uncle for x-mass got him a new set of mashers...

kylerc31.jpg

And kyle got a new front end. Well not new but he got the rear end out of mine. So he is now setup and even has a good steering servo now--kids not going to know what to do now,lol....

kylerc32.jpg

I spent a # of hours playing with the link geometry on my rig and found a very hapy medium with it--so I went and built a new link mount plate and set kyles up to the same thing...

kylerc33.jpg

Kids ready for the comp on saturday

kylerc34.jpg

At the same time I went and ordered pinions from 13-16t so I would have a range to play with...

So first step--removed the old pede trany. I set the new tranny up with a 14t pinion since thats really close to the ratio we were running before...

Here is the skid plate..

kylerc36.jpg

You can see that 2 of the mounting holes are in the air. So I went and drilled/tapped the new tranny to 3mm so there would be 3 mouting bolts..

kylerc37.jpg

Like the pede--I countersunk the mouting bolts into the skid plate

Here it is mounted and ready for the next step--servo mount...

kylerc38.jpg

So I looked at the different options for mounting the servo. I finally found a good mouting place--on the front plastic cross brace on the chassis. I just took a stock TLT servo plate and screwd it to the underside of the cros brace and then mounted the servo. It sits so when the steering arm sits verticle--there is a tad under 1/8" clearance from the cross brace..

kylerc39.jpg

AT this point I went and roughed in the linkage since that will be adjusted once I get the radio done up...

kylerc40.jpg

kylerc41.jpg

So I did a bunch of reading on the TQ3 radio--and I figured something out with what I had read....

So I was going thru my electronic stuff--and I forgot I had these.

kylerc42.jpg

These are little(and I can't remember the specs but I got them a few years back from an online source)10 turn potentiometer that I use on my 4.3 swaps for adjusting the 4 cylinder tachs. So I went and experimented first with it and I found the adjustment was absolutly PERFECT--Very good fine tunning ability.

So I went and decided to go ahead and mount it near the primary servo adjuster and glued it in place.

kylerc43.jpg

And here is the adjuster poking thru the radio

kylerc44.jpg

And wiring it up was SUPER simple. Here is a simple schematic I got from RCC

kylerc45_jpg.gif

And for now I used a push button switch (you must hold) and I will see if kyle likes the feel of it....

So once that was done I was able to adjust and fine tune the servo--works AWSOME!!!!

So at this point I went and revamped the mounting of the electronics to get everything down low as possable..

kylerc46.jpg

kylerc47.jpg

And redid his antenea

kylerc48.jpg

So I went and tested it--and WAY cool--DAMN!!!!!!!

But one thing I found out is I don't think his ESC is going to be up to the task of running a servo contantly so that might need upgrading here soon (give him my teken rebel II)

But its done now till after the comp.....

Ok so kyles rig has been going untouched since mid january. Well he has gotten to the point to where his skills are getting close to outdo what the lil rig can. Plus after a few lil problems over the last 2 comps with the rig--it was time to do a lil revamping to it....

kylerc50.jpg

kylerc51.jpg

So one thing thats going to happen is a new lid. Kyle has been a HUGE fan of the hummers, be it H1,H2,H3. I did a bunch of looking and asked help from my brothers at Warcrc and we came up with a lid that is somewhat comp worthy---H2 SUT (Proline). I am hoping this lid will do a bunch for his confidence..

Another thing is the rig sits a tad too high, so I got a pack of TLT link mount brackets to drop the shocks down. I am also going to be inboarding the links to the inside of the chassis and inboarding at the diff.

I have not decided if I am going to rework his skid plate. As it sits now the ends are verticle lips and its really short compared to the chassis.

I am going to upgrade his dig servo and rework the linkage to match mine thats working pretty well..

Oh---going to replace the pinion he stripped the other night too,lol...

You don't want to get his rig too good, you don't want him showing up his old man TOO bad. :redneck:

Sounds like some good mods, that should definitely help him out.

You don't want to get his rig too good, you don't want him showing up his old man TOO bad. :redneck:

Sounds like some good mods, that should definitely help him out.

I would love to see him beat me :awesomework:

This alone should help him out a bunch--looking at the edge of the chassis and the rod ends--you can tell he really hits those spots alot. I know on my rig I could tell a HUGE difference..

kylerc52.jpg

kylerc53.jpg

And here are with both lowers done. It sits a tad over 2"----almost exactly as mine so now when we practice his rig should react very close to mine..

kylerc54.jpg

I also forgot I gotta redo his steering--its sloppy as a 2 bit---well you get the point

Looking good! That was one of the first mods I did to my AX10 when I got it, made a huge difference.