• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ladder bars for 99 super duty

1980cj5

Iv got a 99 f-350 with 10 inches of lift and Im looking for ladder bars. Anybody on here make some good looking ones? Or were should I look for them?

We've installed several sets of OUO traction blocks. They isolate the more of the axle wrap/twist on lifted rigs than any other traction device we've seen. Feel free to ask any questions you have about those vs the other products out there.

http://oneupoffroad.com/ouoproducts.html

X2, these are a nice setup! I have a customer of mine with a superduty on 38's. These were installed a couple months ago. They look to be very quality products, and do what they are suppose to!

Iv got a 99 f-350 with 10 inches of lift and Im looking for ladder bars. Anybody on here make some good looking ones? Or were should I look for them?

I also have a 99 with a 10'', and 6 speed in it which makes the axle wrape even more fun :D i simpley just made brackets from the bottem of the axle and made brackets that bolted to the frame with one strong bar with hiems at each end, and its absolutly night and day difference, can boil the tires off on dry pavement with 41's :D

20130106_094932.jpg

20130106_095032_zps58f0ee31.jpg

20130106_095023_zps2872b7ab.jpg

20130106_095010_zps1d59cbbd.jpg

20130106_094956_zps5dcaf113.jpg

Last edited:
Ive got fabtech ladder bars on mine, well I did until my new camper frame tie downs interfered with their travel. I need to find a way to modify my tie downs so I can reinstall them. Mine just clamped around the axle tube top and bottom, and used an existing hole in the frame for the attach point. I think I had to drill one extra hole. Ford is *very* skiddish about frame drilling, they would prefer you didnt, but they will allow some drilling in the middle of the web, and none into the upper or lower flange.

Made a huge difference at the race track. No more driveline binding and rear axle shudder.

I dont recommend the single strong bar method, Ive seen it done as a DIY and they were bent in less than a week. Could have been the strength of the bar wasnt up to snuff, but it still looked weak to me regardless.

Ive got fabtech ladder bars on mine, well I did until my new camper frame tie downs interfered with their travel. I need to find a way to modify my tie downs so I can reinstall them. Mine just clamped around the axle tube top and bottom, and used an existing hole in the frame for the attach point. I think I had to drill one extra hole. Ford is *very* skiddish about frame drilling, they would prefer you didnt, but they will allow some drilling in the middle of the web, and none into the upper or lower flange.

Made a huge difference at the race track. No more driveline binding and rear axle shudder.

I dont recommend the single strong bar method, Ive seen it done as a DIY and they were bent in less than a week. Could have been the strength of the bar wasnt up to snuff, but it still looked weak to me regardless.

I rod the **** out of mine evey day, and and tow alot and havent had any issues and they'v been on there for years, say what you want but mine work just dandy

The ones that Corey made will isolate forward and backwards movement of the axle but not twist in the u-bolts which change the pinion angle and they will inhibit natural travel forwards and backwards as the suspension travels as it should. You will absolutely notice crisper launch but not the most ideal design.

The Fabtechs do a much better job of isolating the twist at the tube and the shackle design allows the axle to move backwards and forwards as the suspension cycles while fighting wrap.

The OUOs are the only of the 3 that do both and allow the axle to twist and flex under the rig without binding up the mounting points ;)

Last edited:
The ones that Corey made will isolate forward and backwards movement of the axle but not twist in the u-bolts which change the pinion angle and they will inhibit natural travel forwards and backwards as the suspension travels as it should. You will absolutely notice crisper launch but not the most ideal design.

The Fabtechs do a much better job of isolating the twist at the tube and the shackle design allows the axle to move backwards and forwards as the suspension cycles while fighting wrap.

The OUOs are the only of the 3 that do both and allow the axle to twist and flex under the rig without binding up the mounting points ;)

True, but because the lift is all spring and so stiff and the stock block theres very little twist, if it was bad enough then i would have put the second bar in to take care of it but i haven't hurt anything yet.... and the total cost was like $80 bucks

True, but because the lift is all spring and so stiff and the stock block theres very little twist, if it was bad enough then i would have put the second bar in to take care of it but i haven't hurt anything yet.... and the total cost was like $80 bucks

Got a parts list?