• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ladybugs WTH!!

tallnate

Anybody else dealing with ladybugs in their house right now? I don't now what's going on. For the past few weeks I've just been keeping my shop vac in my room. Every night I suck 4 or 5 off of my walls, window seals, TV etc. Where are these things coming from and how can I get rid of them.

Re:

The damn things are everywhere, finally opened up the windows and they have started moving outside.
I've thought about next winter when they start coming in to fog the house with raid bomb cans you can buy.

Usually they all die off or go somewhere over the winter but I had them flying around in shooting houses and my camper in January. Have a bunch at home now. Must have something to do with the warm winter.

I've not had them in the house so much but we have screened in back patio and they are in there and in my shop pretty good! Annoying little bastards :****:

zukimaster said:
Man, I got red wasp flying around every where!

I used to have a really bad wasp issue when I got my shop going 5-6 years back, then the big ass spiders moved into the rafters and the wasps haven't been back since. laughing1

Theyre not ladybugs they are a japaneese beetle and they stink and will bite u, i have a **** ton of them at my house,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zjman said:
Theyre not ladybugs they are a japaneese beetle and they stink and will bite u, i have a **** ton of them at my house,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote

This..
I think they are a biological weapon from Japan in response to WW2, and Kudzu from Auburn.

zukimaster said:
Man, I got red wasp flying around every where!

I was about to say, I'll trade any of you fawkers out of yer lady bugs for all the damn wasps at my house. Murdered about 10 of them this morning getting the lawn mower out of the shed to get the flat tire fixed. Every single time I go in my 10x12 storage building to get my lawn mower out, I literally unlock and open the door with 1, if not 2, cans of wasp/hornet spray. Them bitches are everywhere! Can't even go to a fawking drive through to get food without them little cunts trying to fly in yer windows! I hate them worse than I hate spiders!!!

So I read about this trick that wasps don't have the best eyesight. If you hang a small crumpled up paper bag from short fishing line in multiple spots, they apparently mistake it for another broods nest and avoid the area.

Please try it. I wanna know if it works. I wasn't able to use it in my case

Or you could breed dirt dobbers. Then nest them all over your property. They kill wasps, eat their larva, take over the area and don't sting. They're pretty cool

I didn't know that about dirt dobbers! My storage building used to be full of them, but I kill everything that crawls/flies! Dang, I'll leave em alone next time!

Don't know where you all are at, but in East TN they turned out ladybugs to kill the mites,bugs, whatever were killing the evergreens, and now they are everywhere. They also recently turned out shield bugs or ""stink bugs" .Why fight nature. These things are all over the place up here.

LightBnDr said:
So I read about this trick that wasps don't have the best eyesight. If you hang a small crumpled up paper bag from short fishing line in multiple spots, they apparently mistake it for another broods nest and avoid the area.

Please try it. I wanna know if it works. I wasn't able to use it in my case

Or you could breed dirt dobbers. Then nest them all over your property. They kill wasps, eat their larva, take over the area and don't sting. They're pretty cool

I don't know if it works for wasp or not. Never really had many around here. However, my grandparents hung a bag on their back deck and all of the carpenter bees disappeared. My shop is infested with dirt dobbers which probably explains why we don't have wasp.

I gotta try the bag on my front porch. The damn wood bees have eaten my rafters, then the big ass woodpeckers tear the rafters apart to get the wood bee larvae. I'm going to have to replace the porch roof eventually because of it,

TBItoy said:
I gotta try the bag on my front porch. The damn wood bees have eaten my rafters, then the big ass woodpeckers tear the rafters apart to get the wood bee larvae. I'm going to have to replace the porch roof eventually because of it,

Yep, them bees are all up under both my decks, constantly boring holes. Pisses me off. Can't hardly get under there to spray em either.

Re:

They make simple traps for the. Called carpenter bee traps. Small wood box with a plastic bottle hanging from it. Works well. I don't use them but family members do.

Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
They make simple traps for the. Called carpenter bee traps. Small wood box with a plastic bottle hanging from it. Works well. I don't use them but family members do.

I have seen em, need to get one for sure!

Yeah the bag trick works well.

you actually stuff a brown paper bag with plastic walmart bags and hang it. The wasps and other flying things mistake it for a hornets nest (the baddest of the bad) and they stay away.

As far as the lady bugs.... Ive been leaving the windows open on our sunroom (which is invested with them) and these cold nights have been killing them off.