• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ladybugs WTH!!

Awesome to know that the bag trick works!! Super cool

I read about traps also but my issue with traps is no matter what trap you still have another several hundred larva growing nearby that are in your face just as fast. I was really trying to find a solid deterrent so nothing would nest or come back.

Funny thing, sometimes which will be tomorrow morning, I get up before sunrise and drive 2.5 hours north to wheel. On my drive I get to listen to Howard the dirt Doctor. He has talked about a blue paint to use under your over hangs. Like where your soffits are mounted. Apparently it keeps all kinds of flying insects away. Without having to use any toxic pesticides. I love the show and only get to hear him on my drive before sunrise.

Anyway, I just couldn't justify painting my camper blue. Lol

The wapses just love to set up shop inside the nose cones. Then I'm always worried my kiddos are gonna get stung random.

Re: Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
They make simple traps for the. Called carpenter bee traps. Small wood box with a plastic bottle hanging from it. Works well. I don't use them but family members do.
Dad uses them in his garage, catches dozens of them a week it seems.

I had 2 on my porch last year, only caught 1 all summer. Not sure why mine didn't work, maybe my bees are smarter

I typically hang around the porch with a Badminton racket knocking those big carpenter bees across the yard.

The Japanese beetles are just something I've come to learn to deal with. I used to suck them all up in the vacuum and leave them there but they just find their way right back in. Since I figured that out I started putting a pantyhose over the end of the vacuum tube so the ones that get sucked into the vaccuum get trapped and the pantiehose, Then I tie it off and throw it in the trash...

A good trick i used last year on the beetle bugs waz to dilute bleach with water and put it in a weed killer pump spray bottle and spray around every window and door jam and every possible opening, i bombed my house at same time and it lasted a good while, make sure ya test spray ur bleach so ya dont jack up ur paint and stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zjman said:
Theyre not ladybugs they are a japaneese beetle and they stink and will bite u, i have a **** ton of them at my house,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'd heard this as well. Several weeks ago I made the mistake of grabbing one and I had that musky stink on my fingers for hours. I just wish I could figure out how they're getting into my house. With bee's or wasps you can at least spot the nest and take out the source. But these Japanese beetle lady stink bug shits can magically appear. :****:

Hooooollllllllleeeeeee ****!!!! I been calling these lil bastards lady bugs an they are ****in beetles????????

Had one bite the piss outta me. My wife was like. "That damn lady bug didn't bite you"
I was like "damn if he didn't!!!"

I'm gonna bomb my bathroom with them raid foggers an report back.