• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Larger Link material (plus battery source ???)

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
I am in the midst of making my nylint thingy...

Is there a place or any ideas for making links that are larger than the standard brake link ones? with joints at the ends, I just dont think they'll hold up the the shear weight of this bohemeth:redneck:

Plus this electronics system i am running was hooked up to that huge 12v battery that was in it before, can i just plug in one of the 7.2v or 9v batteries and be fine? Or is there more to it than that, I realize there is, but will it harm anything, also I will have questions on my motors as I am redoing the 4wd selection setup in the diffs, to where it eliminates the 4 high selection and is only in 4 low. But i am hoping to maybe get something set up to have it run faster than what it did at full throttle...:mad:

HELP!!!

Get some solid 1/4 alum. rod--cheap

Get some 6/32 all thread--cheap

Center drill the rod--tap it to 6/32

cut small sections of all thread
get some traxxis rod ends

bammo--done...

Get some solid 1/4 alum. rod--cheap

Get some 6/32 all thread--cheap

Center drill the rod--tap it to 6/32

cut small sections of all thread
get some traxxis rod ends

bammo--done...

Or use an old fiberglass dome tent pole as a sleeve so you don't have to drill and tap.

most good hobbie shops will carry inserts I think its M4 or maybe M3 and it threads right into aluminum rod. Very easy to do Ill check when I get home. Best part is its easy to make replacement links at comps with it if needed.