• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

last time will post

cain 360

went up had fun posted pics got negative s it you poeple suck u must not have any thing better to do

went up had fun posted pics got negative s it you poeple suck u must not have any thing better to do

There is a reason and its not trying to be "negative" but rather trying to protect what little we have and at the same time trying to protect "you" from unwanted BS from LEO's..

We have lots over the years and just trying to keep what we got---simple...

so what is so bad about showing that u have a legal truck and are paying the state to help pay for the orv trails we just followed other tracks up that rock slide and what about all the other rock hills that have lots of different routes up them there were two different routes over the rock slide witch one is right then if the slide covers up the routes do u have to turn around and go home

I was up there that day not far behind you guys on 520. The rock slide is not the only place that someone left the trail and your posted pictures showed those as well.

No one is trying to be an asshole to you, but don't get your feelings hurt because someone said something about it.

I wasn't trying to be negative, I was making a statement about how some of the people on the internet will turn into the "trail police" and jump all over you...

Nice looking rigs...:awesomework:

Stick around and do some reading, you'll figure it out...

so what is so bad about showing that u have a legal truck and are paying the state to help pay for the orv trails we just followed other tracks up that rock slide and what about all the other rock hills that have lots of different routes up them there were two different routes over the rock slide witch one is right then if the slide covers up the routes do u have to turn around and go home

Matter of being smart about what you are doing. I know it sucks but that is the reality of the BS we have to deal with in todays world.

Heck if one of those tracks went off a cliff--would you follow?

Heck I am one who loves pics since I don't get out like I used too--just a matter of posting ones that are within the realm of "legal"...

so how do u pic witch route this the legal path when in some places there are multiple routes to go the same way

so how do u pic witch route this the legal path when in some places there are multiple routes to go the same way

Thats a tricky one...

My best opinion on that is if pics are posted and somebody says something---don't get offended and fix the pic--easy peasey..

Edit--we are all in this together and we usually try and look out for each other :awesomework:

No one wants to split hairs, just be smart and use common sense about it. The legal paths are really well established.

Next run we put together up there we will post it here and you are welcome to join us.

Natural rocks are not for driving on, only rocks that the government spent thousands of taxpayer dollars to import onto trails are for driving on.

This one is going to go downhill fast. I will say this and a lot here can relate to it no matter what opinion they have of current rules, restrictions, and policies. I wheeled up here from 2003 to 2006 when we lived here before and it was a lot more fun. I moved back in late 2010 and the wheeling world seemed to have been turned upside down with restrictions and closures. My opinion on it all is we have to be smart about what we do and how we go about doing it. We have to pic our battles and somehow overcome our differences to fight those battles as one entity and not as split interest groups. If we don't manage to adapt to the new ways our hobby will die because we won't have anywhere to go. We are lucky here because there are still lots of places to wheel, but those places can be easily lost.

No reason to take it personal..... I don't think you meant to do anyone or anything harm. It's hard to judge emotion on the Internet. All those posts were of concern for you and our sport as a whole. We have ALL been educated, and if you haven't then your not wheeling :awesomework:

Jeeze go to work for a day and then a meeting and miss all of the excitement.
I called you out because some of us work damn hard to keep our trails open. Everytime someone goes off the trail and makes their own path it just creates more ill will for all of us from the agencys. The trail you were on (520) is very easy to follow and very clear to see where it goes at the point you were at. Just because someone else decided to do the same thing you did doesnt make it hard to see where the real trail is. :eeek:

I know its just rocks and you know its just rocks and we all know its just rocks but where does it end ? The days of going anywhere you want to are long gone and we are now stuck dealing with a world of beauracracy and rules and laws. If we want to keep what we have open then we all need to learn to play by the rules to protect our resource and hobby. We sure as heck dont need to have to be lining all of our trails with logs or fences but if people cant manage to police themselves then thats what were eventuly going to have. That is if we have anything left at all. :booo:

Can someone show me a picture of where you can't go on the 520 rock area? I assumed that big bowl area was all fair game, so long as you stay out of the vegetation along the edges. Or is this not the rock area we are talking about?

Last edited:
The area in question. Is way up near the top of the 520. It is a natural talus slide and the trail cuts across the bottom of it. The areas off to the sides of the trail are off the trail and therfore off limits.

This a great approach to start communication. Evans Creek trails are very well marked. The reason you see so many people complaining or trying to help you stay out of trouble is, simply put, you were off the trail. Get a map of Evans Creek. You can clearly see that the trail does not go up the hill there. If people start going up the slide the rest of the slide will come down. One rock at a time. Not rocket science at all. Common sense is not that common any more. Just because you can drive it doesn't mean you are allowed to.

People are getting upset because this is no longer a year round area. This used to be a great place to snow wheel. But, because of people getting off trail and all the erosion that it creates we as a group can no longer enjoy this park to is fullest capacity. This is not your fault directly. But maintaining this thought process it will be all of our problems when it is closed and we have no where else to go.

There is currently a letter headed to the President of the United States asking for closure of 1 million+ acres of Utah land. The closure of this land is not to everyone. Only to motorized vehicles. It is sponsored by hikers, bikers and boaters. The companies that profit off of those people are spearheading this. Ghey are citing damage and erosion as reasons to close those lands. So yes, it really does matter what each and everyone of us do.

Please enjoy the trails. but not at everyone elses expense!