• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

last time will post

Actually, I respectfully disagree. The 311 entrance was dramtically changed due to people creating a bypass around the hole that had been created. They filled it in and made it "easy" on a diamond trail. So it does happen.

People not staying on the trail causes harm and damage. Harm to all users and damage to the trails system. It is OK to treat your local park with respect.

You been at Evans long?

That 311 entrance has been the same for EVER.

How do you erode/create a hole in solid rock?

You been at Evans long?

By digging out all of the dirt around it and on it. The entrance to the 311trails has been through several changes in the 3 or so years i have been going there

You been at Evans long?

Naw. not long... 13 yrs... So, you are an expert about Evans and you never saw the huge hole that developed on the 311 entrance... Very interesting...

Actually, I respectfully disagree. The 311 entrance was dramtically changed due to people creating a bypass around the hole that had been created. They filled it in and made it "easy" on a diamond trail. So it does happen.

People not staying on the trail causes harm and damage. Harm to all users and damage to the trails system. It is OK to treat your local park with respect.
We shouldn't let anti ORV people dictate the definition of "harm and damage". Harm and damage by ORV's is just as much a myth as their definition of sustainability, and ecosystems.

You been at Evans long?

Yup.

Last edited:
Naw. not long... 13 yrs... So, you are an expert about Evans and you never saw the huge hole that developed on the 311 entrance... Very interesting...

Its crazy how your views have changed in just two years of wheeling your truck again?

(from 2 years ago)
I have been off line for a bit. But, I ask, why they felt it was a good idea to give the false impression of a safe entrance only to get new comers up to brake line or upper 311 and cause damage where no one can get to them.

Mind you, I appreciate any care that is provided at Evans. But, to change a trail that has grown into its own over the years. Seems image will be the downfall of this park.

Hopefully, I will get my truck back together before it is all closed...

or paved..................

Maybe you need a fresh read of the near past.

http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51639&highlight=paved+evans

We shouldn't let anti ORV people dictate the definition of "harm and damage". Harm and damage by ORV's is just as much a myth as their definition of sustainability, and ecosystems.

Yup.

Lets keep our fingers crossed they fix the wording on "use vs. damage" in Olympia..

Its crazy how your views have changed in just two years of wheeling your truck again?

Maybe you need a fresh read of the near past.

http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51639&highlight=paved+evans

I appreciate the effort and research. Well done. But, reading my posts to your impression is funny. I said they should block the bypasses that were made by people attempting to get in that trail. I am against fixing "natural" trail wear. Evans was never supposed to be a buggy trail system. And that is where a lot of the damage came from. My views haven't changed. Voicing my opinion against stupid comments and the me, me, mentality and the stupid things people do. That has changed over the years.

If you had been to Evans to see what we have been talking about instead of guessing it would be easier to be in agreement.

Yup.

Lets keep our fingers crossed they fix the wording on "use vs. damage" in Olympia..

So I "assume" that you two are 2 of the 22 that have visited this thread http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70856 and filled out the survey it links to. Like it or not these surveys and comments are what decide who gets money for their sport. The old saying of the squeaky wheel gets the grease is never more true than in these tough economic times. The state is currently looking at the next place to "create" a new recreational area and things like this survey will decide who gets the most attention. Everybody that wheels and would like to see new or expanded opportunities needs to fill out this survey. I know the hikers are (because I sit on a committee that reviews these things)(RCO / NOVA)

From a Agenda of a upcoming meeting with Peter Goldmark.

b. Next recreation planning areas

i. Recommendations for the next planning area

c. Communications

i. How are we doing

ii. How can we improve

I appreciate the effort and research. Well done. But, reading my posts to your impression is funny. I said they should block the bypasses that were made by people attempting to get in that trail. I am against fixing "natural" trail wear. Evans was never supposed to be a buggy trail system. And that is where a lot of the damage came from. My views haven't changed. Voicing my opinion against stupid comments and the me, me, mentality and the stupid things people do. That has changed over the years.

If you had been to Evans to see what we have been talking about instead of guessing it would be easier to be in agreement.

Ive been to Evans and seen that hole lots of times. No guessing here. That hole was not just created, the bypass was but the hole in the middle of the trail has been tippin samis over since before I was drivin.

The hole was a ROCK entrance. When its icy or slick, people in skinny rigs (that fall over when hittin the off camber slick rock climb) go to the left side and climb the hill and skate by the "gate keeper" as its been called for years.

Yes the proper way to fix it would have been to BLOCK the bypass built by NON buggy type rigs.

The entrance to 311 or "gate keeper" has been the same for decades. You can only wear rock so far.

311, shmee eleven. who cares.

You grilled me for pointing out that the park was geared towards rookies noobs and being a ****.

Well two years ago you pointed out,
But, I ask, why they felt it was a good idea to give the false impression of a safe entrance only to get new comers up to brake line or upper 311 and cause damage where no one can get to them.
a concern for noobs at the park being led in with false impressions that leads to safety concerns.

Then when I pointed out that the FS was making the park a place for noobs and rookies you said I was a ****.

Make up your mind?

Does that make you a **** thats concerned with rookies and noobs or was that the "you" from two years ago?

Ive been to Evans and seen that hole lots of times. No guessing here. That hole was not just created, the bypass was but the hole in the middle of the trail has been tippin samis over since before I was drivin.

The hole was a ROCK entrance. When its icy or slick, people in skinny rigs (that fall over when hittin the off camber slick rock climb) go to the left side and climb the hill and skate by the "gate keeper" as its been called for years.

Yes the proper way to fix it would have been to BLOCK the bypass built by NON buggy type rigs.

The entrance to 311 or "gate keeper" has been the same for decades. You can only wear rock so far.

You grilled me for pointing out that the park was geared towards rookies noobs and being a ****.

Well two years ago you pointed out, a concern for noobs at the park being led in with false impressions that leads to safety concerns.

Then when I pointed out that the FS was making the park a place for noobs and rookies you said I was a ****.

Make up your mind?

Does that make you a **** thats concerned with rookies and noobs or was that the "you" from two years ago?

Interesting points, i drive a buggy and dont care for the place, a few trails are o.k., but mostly dont care for the big brother feeling of the f.s.
The begining of the 311 got paved with rocks making it super easy.
Dont play the whole buggys killed it game, most people with buggys avoid the place.

Well two years ago you pointed out, a concern for noobs at the park being led in with false impressions that leads to safety concerns.

Make up your mind?

Oh no, I am a ****! No hiding that. My point then was filling in the hole because of the image that it was giving the general public was a horrible excuse for doing it. I did say that it allowed too many people up that trail and could lead to accidents and even deaths if they lost control in the wrong places.

But, youare also a self-appointed ****! My point is that you are always talking **** about Evans Creek ORV park. It has it's draws for a lot of different people. You do not have to go hardcore to enjoy that place.

I enjoy simply getting off of the pavement and relaxing. Evans allows that. Besides the fact that I can be there in less than 20 minutes is a bonus. It isn't the most difficult place to wheel. Everyone knows that. But, it is a place to wheel. Plain and simple. We do not need to bad-mouth the place because it is too easy.

Just let the place be or get involved with keeping it up and improving it. When time allows I have attended a few meetings over the years. Give my input and hope for the best. Just like voting, if you don't do it you don't get to complain. Be part of the solution instead of the problem... blah, blah, blah... I know all the catch phrases and rethoric that goes along with it. Bitching with no effort to fix the problem is just bitching.;