• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

leafs up front and coils in the rear?

dont be scared, lots of people do it. Have you seen Ramesh's truck? Hes got that same setup. I would do that and run a 3/4 eliptical setup in front with stopper pins for street use.

ya but i liked Tajdeep's jeep that was coils in the rear and leaf over in the front. he moved to cali i think, his exhaust had this high pitched sound to it u could hear that from a continent away

The only down side to this setup is the fact that its impossible to have equal flex using a stockish(sp) coil. But it will work fine...

crash said:
The only down side to this setup is the fact that its impossible to have equal flex using a stockish(sp) coil. But it will work fine...

Why is that? Coil spring rate too stiff? I guess it depends on the vehicle. I know the Toyota we did this too is definitely stiffer in the rear because of the lack of weight compared to what the coil normally sees...

Either way, coils are fairly cheap to buy with custom spring rates...

get rid of the steps on your cage, build it a lil different and make it way heavier :redneck:

Or find coils made for a lighter rig...

heepofajeep said:
Why is that? Coil spring rate too stiff? I guess it depends on the vehicle. I know the Toyota we did this too is definitely stiffer in the rear because of the lack of weight compared to what the coil normally sees...

Either way, coils are fairly cheap to buy with custom spring rates...

It depends but my point was running leafs on one end its hard to get equal flex from a "stock" spring. Now you could go thru national spring and get the correct spring rate then you could get equal flex..

crash said:
It depends but my point was running leafs on one end its hard to get equal flex from a "stock" spring. Now you could go thru national spring and get the correct spring rate then you could get equal flex..
Yup, makes sense. :cool:

Little Red Zuk said:
WTO-BA did ok with Waggie leafs up front and coilovers in the rear. Not much of a body to get in the way though.

But your talking about a setup that can easily be adjusted.

And how much will you guys pay for me to paint it pink here soon :D

crash said:
But your talking about a setup that can easily be adjusted.

And how much will you guys pay for me to paint it pink here soon :D

I guess I was just throwing the coilover option out since he's gonna be a bunch of work into it anyway.

I bet Mrs. Crash will do it for free:devil2: Or rig of the month if it turns up pink.

(Pink and orange camo sounds good to me)

Last edited:
S10slayer said:
haha paint chris's dana 44 thats out front in ur driveway pink for him he'll love it

you must be getting old--you picked that up many months ago (back when you still had your bed)

crash said:
you must be getting old--you picked that up many months ago (back when you still had your bed)

More like alittle too much of the chronic :weed:

You cant beat the chronic and curry combo. Jea boi. Don't worry man, your setup will be be badass. And since your rear will out do your front, you just have more work to do to your truck!!
Can't believe you lost my D44!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not so sure what the big deal about equal flex is.what rig came factory with equal length leaves front and rear?

The rear has traditionally been the axle doing all the work.right?

As far as which coils,what about stock TJ rears?or crown victoria's,didn't they have coils in the rear?probly pretty short though.

aerostars are pretty soft behind a toyota. buddy had them in his rig with just a flatbed and it was a smooth ride.

Latest posts