• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Learnd my lesson

dr drae said:
What's the biggest regret you've had after a build? Wish I would have done this, wish I hadn't done that, etc.
I wish I would have gone straight to coilovers instead of wasting time and money on leafs.

2pwrlftrs4u said:
maybe a CJ7 instead of the CJ5... hard to get certian parts for '75 older CJ's
You're doing something all wrong... I can't remember the last time I bought an actual CJ5 part :D

cisco said:
If you do that, you will wish you had started with a toyota, and if you do that, you will wish you started with tube. :D
He's right, I wish I started with tube. :redneck:

Eric said:
then why start your fj40? just go strait to tube on the next rig
Exactly :clappy: Next time. :haha:

That is pure blasphemy btw, telling me to not build the fj. :wtf: It'll have plenty of tube. :flipoff:

skrause said:
Exactly :clappy: Next time. :haha:

That is pure blasphemy btw, telling me to not build the fj. :wtf: It'll have plenty of tube. :flipoff:

so you are saying you are going to end up with 3 wheeling rigs? you are going to need a bigger shop, or is the pickup going to become the doner for the 3rd one?

Eric said:
so you are saying you are going to end up with 3 wheeling rigs? you are going to need a bigger shop, or is the pickup going to become the doner for the 3rd one?
What third one. :redneck:

I wish i woulda bought that 2 year used Campbell 4ws buggy a week before i spent too much money on my can. I found the add after i spent a metric crap ton of money on my rig, And i could have bought it outright and been wheeling LAST YEAR!

Look out fawkers, If you see me anywhere this year im on my way to getting it awn.

Wish I hadn't trusted UPS with my steering parts (knuckle and high ster disappeared right before I was to go to Ouray in '01) and I wish I'd known then what I know now about doing EFI in my J10. Would've made life MUCH easier!

Also should not have listened to guy at Les Schwab who talked me into 36.6" tires (he claimed they were 38" and the biggest I could get) instead of keeping the Avon 33" tires and buying newer bigger tires for my J10!

I wish I would have just coughed up the extra dough for a TJ when I bought my jeep back in '01..

After driving my fiancee's TJ, I'm so coil spring jealous it's not funny.. but I'm almost done with my YJ.. at least, it's got lockers, tires, lift, bumpers, winch... etc.. all the important stuff..

I know.. stupid question.. but I'm doubting there is a way to get an SOA jeep to have the same ride and feel of a coil springs.. or at least 1/10 of the feel.. damn.. why, oh why, did I ever have to drive her rig.. I didn't know what I was missing..

Latest posts