• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Learnd my lesson

dr drae

What's the biggest regret you've had after a build? Wish I would have done this, wish I hadn't done that, etc.

I wish I wasn't so far buried into a unibody. I wish I could recoup some money and start over w/a framed jeep. Not trying to :stirpot: , just bein honest...

dr drae said:
What's the biggest regret you've had after a build? Wish I would have done this, wish I hadn't done that, etc.

I wish I wasn't so far buried into a unibody. I wish I could recoup some money and start over w/a framed jeep. Not trying to :stirpot: , just bein honest...

Don't feel bad Aaron--3 on this site so far have just dumped there unibody and gone with yj's.....

wish i didnt spend all this money on parts as cox sold his runner for ass cheap, and i could have just bought that and been wheeling right now if i didnt buy all that **** for my truck. now i'm stuck in the middle with no money to even continue on the project. ughhh.

Stretched my wheel base but that can come later other then that love the way my rig is working.. Except the awsome cj frame..:rolleyes:

dr drae said:

Wish I hadn't sold my 57 CJ-6.
Wish I could get started on my next build.
Other then that it's all good:clappy:

Chris

I wish I hadnt have boughten my landcruiser. The guy I got it from said he set it up only for trails, which means he hacked everything together real chessy. I could have built a real good yota pick up by now with the amount of money I got into this thing and it still needs work..

But I still love the little guy and will probably never part with it.

I wish I would have taken 5 mins to look up how much I paid for my spare axle shafts before posting them for sale at 1/2 what I paid for them. :mad:

Nuzzy said:
Wish I would've just built it right the first time. Spent way too much polishing turds.
X2. I should have never rebuilt and "modded" my 22R, and should have started with a different Toyota to begin with. A blank slate so to speak instead of finishing what someone else started only to realize I didnt like it, haha.

~T.J.

I wish I could recoup some money and start over w/a framed jeep

If you do that, you will wish you had started with a toyota, and if you do that, you will wish you started with tube. :D

I wish I haden't polished up a rear 44. Failing that, I wish I would have listened to Jason C and gotten a more robust 44 housing.

I also kinda regret starting with a CJ5; would prefer a CJ7 for the length. But it has been fun as hell, so I won't complain too much :D