• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Let's talk cutting brakes

wngrog said:
When I need to do a rear dig I will just hold the foot brake and power through them.
That's what I'm doing too. I've practiced rear digs but I've never actually used them wheeling.

link geometry also dictates how well front digs work. Jimbro has mega anti-squat built into his suspension. When he locks up the rear and goes front only his buggy squats and digs hard.

On the fip side, Carl's buggy does the opposite, front digs work in situations I have never seen like uphill etc because his suspension remains neutral.

I am wanting to set up my suspension the same way. I been thinking of what type of anti squat I need up front . I think if I keep all my numbers near 100 I should be fine. I don't want alot of wheel hop , but I want enough down ward pressure to get traction for front digs. I have the push pull one handle brake off my old rig . It works great not a whole lot of confusion. I can usually knock it in and out of gear without stopping and hit the cutting brakes to dig and keep going. It's almost to much for me to think about at one time , but I can just can manage it.

Latest posts