• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lexan hood???

offroadwerks

Psalm 23:4
Thinking about running one on my jeep? Anybody have any first hand info on these? Where to get?,How do they hold up?, Are they worth the$$$. The main reason I'm considering one is to sho off my fresh paint on my TBI 350 and my coated headers!! Not really just seems like visibility would be much better???

I know Trent Fab lists theirs as Lexan, but I swear I thought they were that Coke Bottle plastic. So they would bend and not crack etc....
I've been around a few of them, and they seem like really good products.

InDaShop said:
I know Trent Fab lists theirs as Lexan, but I swear I thought they were that Coke Bottle plastic. So they would bend and not crack etc....
I've been around a few of them, and they seem like really good products.

Polycarbonate?? I think that's what is supposed to be more pliable than actual Lexan and resist fracturing on impact. Trent Fab is legit either way, they do everything over the top.

Re: Re: Lexan hood???

lexan is a brand name of polycarbonate....just as kleenex is a brand name of tissue.

same thang

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

I've got the Trent Fab hood. No warping from heat or any issue's, had it for 3 years now. Has held its shape with no problems and its flexible.

I have a trent fab to, 3 years and going strong. No problems from heat or anything. Hard to beat for price, durability and to shed some weight.

badreligion_13 said:
I have a trent fab to, 3 years and going strong. No problems from heat or anything. Hard to beat for price, durability and to shed some weight.

Cool, thanks for your input. Do you think it helps your visibility? Like looking thru hood over to passenger side etc....good to hear that they are durable too. I wonder if Chris Durham's hoods are as durable as Trent Fabs? Bought a grill from him before. He offers lexan hoods and he is from East Coast, I met him a long time ago at Tellico. Nice feller.

offroadwerks said:
Cool, thanks for your input. Do you think it helps your visibility? Like looking thru hood over to passenger side etc....good to hear that they are durable too. I wonder if Chris Durham's hoods are as durable as Trent Fabs? Bought a grill from him before. He offers lexan hoods and he is from East Coast, I met him a long time ago at Tellico. Nice feller.

Has he got a website? FJ40 hoods?

just google trent fabrication. It should pull up their website. Or look in the "body" section of vendors on pirate.

s for looking through it, I painted mine (on the inside rather than outside). I talked with a couple people who ran clear and they said if it dusty dust collects under the hood and makes it hard to view through. SO I figured just paint it.

Got this from BRTech Racing. I like it so far. Still gotta do some trimming.Gonna keep a little fender showing........................
photo-1.jpg

That is the same hood trent fab sells. Sometimes you can get it a little cheaper from trent fab.. Enjoy it, li like mine.