• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lexan or plexiglass

93redjeep

Want to make a half windshield for my truck. Not sure which to choose or where to buy plastic from in or near Nashville.

Going to make one similar to the kind used with side x sides

Advance plastics is where I get it from in Nashville. Don't even mess with plexiglass.

you want any polycarbonate, "Lexan" is a brand name of one polycarbonate like "Kleenex" for tissues. Most places carry "Makralon" or "Makroclear"

Polycarbonate is what I use for machine guards, bad ass stuff. I took some 3/8" and had to shoot it3 times with a 380 before I got a hole thru it!!

irondalefj80 said:
John, where is a good place to get that around bham, i'm gonna be needing some for my roof for my buggy.

I don't know. I have it in the 38 Special and Adam sourced it for me at Wide Open Design. Give them a call.

The wind shield for mine is speed glass. I have wiped mud off of it many times, and still no scratches.[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size][/size] thumb.gif

rock yuppie said:
The wind shield for mine is speed glass. I have wiped mud off of it many times, and still no scratches.[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size][/size] thumb.gif

BINGO. My old blue buggy had Speedglass and lasted 6+ years of abuse with only 2 light scratches on it. I had it on my Bruiser as well. NO COMPARISON to Lexan for a windshield. :dblthumb: