• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Liberty roll over?

mudslayer

Just got back from liberty and just found out that someone went off the side of trail and was not good!!!
Helicopter was at the field and all kinds of medics racing thru town.

Last edited:
Just got back from liberty and just found out that someone went off the side of trail and was not good!!!
Helicopter was at the field and all kinds of medics racing thru town.

Well crap. Our jeep club was up there this weekend. Hope and pray everyone is OK, and, hope it wasn't one of my friends.

edit; FB says not our group, thinking it was gold miners. no update on exactly whom or injuries.

Last edited:
Been trying to reach my buddy's that are still there, very spotty reception. My mom left after me and apperently it was part of a group next to us. Up on the stair steps, but not sure. And i thought the upper table mountain trails were closed still, Theres cliffs up there like at the memorial.
I'm hearing a family of 3 went off on the stair steps, mom and daughter were ejected but sustained the least injury, driver was in bad shape, and believe 2 of the 3 were flown out. Rig recovery efforts today.

Last edited:
Was staying in town right where the responders were staged. It was Shindig Wheelers club. Pretty much as stated above, family of three, the teen daughter was ejected and sustained (relatively) minor injuries, I believe her arm was broken. She was brought down by jeep and transported to hospital. The woman sustained multiple fractures, I believe a broken pelvis. She was carried down on backboard and brought down on a UTV, then taken to airfield and flown to Harborview. The driver was airlifted off the mountain with serious injuries, including possible head trauma.
Apparently the roll was fast and violent and rolled a long ways down the hill. Possibly caused by a rear driveline failing. People who went up to assist reported that the cage was mostly intact. The rear passenger was ejected when the seatbelt broke.
This morning I saw a large group heading up to attempt to recover the rig, but I headed home before finding out how that went.
The responders I saw included Kittitas County fire dept, sheriff's dept, and Search and Rescue.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• lion gulch 2018 (2).jpg
    lion gulch 2018 (2).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 270
It was caused by the rear u-joint straps and small bolts breaking on a nasty hill. The driver and person in the back seat stayed in and rode it down. The passengers seat belt broke and she was thrown out, The seat belt is still latched, The webbing tore. The passenger as bad internal injuries.

Latest posts