• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Link Advise

CarnationSensation

Will start off by saying i have no idea what the hell i am doing when it comes to links, and that is why i am here.

Like my rig the way it is, it wheels well but i have been slowly gathering the parts to link either the front or the back. And i just want my rig to perform a bit better.

Current set up: Toyota pickup, x-cab on standard cab frame, 3.Ohyeah!!! Duals, and yota axles on 39.5's. Front RUF pack 2nd gen rears with 3rg gen rears added. Rear is a set of 60" chevy springs from a 2500 broke down to a 3 leaf pack with no overload. They actually work well and kept my wheel base right where i wanted.

My main questions is, what would you link first, your rear or front end? I have no idea why you would do one before the other if you cant do both at the same time so please explain to me if there really is some kind of science behind it? I have seen rigs linked front and sprig rear and also spring front and linked rear. Is it personal preference? type of terrain you wheel? any reason to do one or the other first?

My buddy is telling me to do the rear cause my front end flexes better than my rear and he says i will gain more stability if i do my rear which makes since to me.

Not too worried about geometry and all that quite yet, i will ask about that in the future once i start cutting and laying it all out.

Thanks for any info and advise. :beer:

I would say rear first. There is a lot more **** to deal with in the front; steering, motor, exhaust, etc.

Once you link the rear and are comfortable with that, then move onto the front.

Linking is usually a trial and error game for your first time. The rear is much more simple so you can learn....

Toys on leafs rock. Just say no and wheel the crap out of it. if you really have to have links, then best start talking to people that have links

Toys on leafs rock. Just say no and wheel the crap out of it. if you really have to have links, then best start talking to people that have links

Cause bending or breaking center pins is cool!!! Once your bashing your front hanger and rear shackles to death then your ready for links.

Cause bending or breaking center pins is cool!!! Once your bashing your front hanger and rear shackles to death then your ready for links.

Dunno, my rig with leaves still works. Links have there own set of problems too.

Linked trucks are a waste of time, it will NEVER be a buggy.

Concentrate on removing weight and height.

Dunno, my rig with leaves still works. Links have there own set of problems too.

Linked trucks are a waste of time, it will NEVER be a buggy.

Concentrate on removing weight and height.

Im already at 24" to the frame which is about as low as i can get it without eliminating all my front up travel with the IFS frame.

Dont get me wrong, my rig preforms great but i wheel with guys that are linked front and rear and there are just some thing my rig can not do without floppin.

It all sounds cool and what not but now i think about it more and hear your responses i may just wait till i build a whole new rig from ground up, its a lot easier to build your frame around you suspension that it is to build you suspension around your frame. I wont be happy with just a rear link setup, i would like to lower it a bit more but its not practical without toobing the front end to get the frame a bit higher to clearance the axle on up-travel.

Thanks for the responses, look like ill just be beatin it the way it is!

there ya go :awesomework:

I did mine front and rear. It turned out nice and works good. Get ahold of me if you ever want to see and talk

Thanks man, i appreciate that. :beer:

If your ever out at Reiter, Walker or Elbe id sure love to tag along and see how it works in action. I love following linked up rigs, they all seem to be set up a little different so its cool to see what works great and what needs improvements.

Long as there aint a home Seahawk game im down to wheel! :awesomework: