• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Link ends

I also have the tg joints. No complaints so far. If they ever go tits up they our are like 10$ to rebuild. Was an easy choice for me

My 2 cents, after seeing a lot of rigs in and out now and what works, doesn't work, what fails, what wears out, etc.

In my opinion the best joints on the market are the Rock Krawler Kralwer joints. They are similar in design to a johnny joint but have some real though put behind them.

First of all, their race design kicks ass. Doesn't ride/cushion quite as much as a johnny joint, but articulates very smoothly and they hold up really well. To date, we have not had to replace and of the races.

Second, they use a threaded body instead of just a washer and snap ring. The benefit to that is that you can pre load the bushing a little bit, and as they do start to get a little bit of slop in them you can tighten them a bit before they need to be rebuilt.

Third, since they have that threaded design they are MUCH easier to service. If you've done a johnny joint, you know what a pain in the ass it can be to keep the bushing halves lined up and compress it to get the snap ring in.

My 2 cents, after seeing a lot of rigs in and out now and what works, doesn't work, what fails, what wears out, etc.

In my opinion the best joints on the market are the Rock Krawler Kralwer joints. They are similar in design to a johnny joint but have some real though put behind them.

First of all, their race design kicks ass. Doesn't ride/cushion quite as much as a johnny joint, but articulates very smoothly and they hold up really well. To date, we have not had to replace and of the races.

Second, they use a threaded body instead of just a washer and snap ring. The benefit to that is that you can pre load the bushing a little bit, and as they do start to get a little bit of slop in them you can tighten them a bit before they need to be rebuilt.

Third, since they have that threaded design they are MUCH easier to service. If you've done a johnny joint, you know what a pain in the ass it can be to keep the bushing halves lined up and compress it to get the snap ring in.

I am definitely going to have to look into these more...

Here's a cutaway of one of the joints.

maxresdefault.jpg

The more I get into agriculture, I feel as if I could benefit from a JJ style joint.

Nothing plows a rut quite like a joint the size of a football. I may put one on the back of the dozer come spring for some ripping duty.

So Ruffstuff has a 20% sale till tonight..

So I am at a toss between the 7/8x7/8 or 7/8x3/4... Anybody run the 7/8 to 5/8" misalignment spacers?

So Ruffstuff has a 20% sale till tonight..

So I am at a toss between the 7/8x7/8 or 7/8x3/4... Anybody run the 7/8 to 5/8" misalignment spacers?

7/8 x7/8 with 5/8 zinc misalignments. I like them like I said before I haven't had a bad experience with ruffstuff once. You'll be happy especially with 20% off.

7/8 x7/8 with 5/8 zinc misalignments. I like them like I said before I haven't had a bad experience with ruffstuff once. You'll be happy especially with 20% off.

So you do run the 5/8" misalignment inserts chris?

I have a VERY large selection of 5/8" bolts and currently running 5/8" bolts now with zero issues. I just wanna make sure they don't get worn out easily and cause play.

Still on the fence as to what to run for the uppers.

So you do run the 5/8" misalignment inserts chris?

I have a VERY large selection of 5/8" bolts and currently running 5/8" bolts now with zero issues. I just wanna make sure they don't get worn out easily and cause play.

Still on the fence as to what to run for the uppers.

Yes, I run the 7/8 to 5/8 misalignment spacers. I'm running all the same heims for my upper and lowers. I probably would have tried to go bigger on the lowers but i don't think they'd fit on a bravo belly. I never did check though. It makes keeping spare links easy though. I think Clark is running 5/8 bolts too, can't be 100% sure though.

Yes, I run the 7/8 to 5/8 misalignment spacers. I'm running all the same heims for my upper and lowers. I probably would have tried to go bigger on the lowers but i don't think they'd fit on a bravo belly. I never did check though. It makes keeping spare links easy though. I think Clark is running 5/8 bolts too, can't be 100% sure though.

And no clanking at all?

I will be going alum links on the lowers for sure--not sure on the uppers as of yet.

Thanks for everybody's input.

I went and ordered 7/8x7/8 rod ends with the 7/8x5/8 misalignment inserts and save $100 on there year end sale.

It seems like the aluminum would be best on the uppers as less rock wear and reduction of weight up higher?

Less weight is always better, thanks for the info fellas!

Aluminum is actually worse for the uppers as it bends a bit more and the upper links generally see high compression forces. Uppers you can just run .120 wall steel and be fine.

7075 has good tensile strength and memory, so it may bend when slammed against a rock, but will bend back to its original shape much more readily then steel.

Not sure if I explained that quite right, but thats the way I understand it.

Aluminum is actually worse for the uppers as it bends a bit more and the upper links generally see high compression forces. Uppers you can just run .120 wall steel and be fine.

7075 has good tensile strength and memory, so it may bend when slammed against a rock, but will bend back to its original shape much more readily then steel.

Not sure if I explained that quite right, but thats the way I understand it.

Alluminum is fine for running on your uppers it's not gonna fail from compression forces... unless your link geometry is that wacked.. it's definitely way stronger than .120 Dom steel for that application.