• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

link inserts vs. tapped threads

watkins

which do prefer? inserts are easy but $$$ :eek:
what's the going price for machineing 1 1/4" threads into 3/8" wall 2"? ???

wade

Not enough material to tap in 2 in 3/8th wall tubing, but I charge 20 a hole to drill and tap links. It is about the same money as weld in bungs but it looks way cleaner, and you don't have to worry about distortion of the bung when welding it.

Woodlee said:
Not enough material to tap in 2 in 3/8th wall tubing, but I charge 20 a hole to drill and tap links. It is about the same money as weld in bungs but it looks way cleaner, and you don't have to worry about distortion of the bung when welding it.

thinking about JJ with 1 1/4" shank into some 2" DOM 3/8" wall. 8)

2.000"
-0.750" (2x.375")
=1.250"

so i'd need a little more material to tap. guess i'll look into something in the 1.5" shank variety! :flipoff1:

thanks!

wade

hey Wade, might be able to get pop's to handle that for ya ;) Monster garage tomorrow night??? And on a side note, got the SS running tonight pepper.gif

blacksheep10 said:
2" 1/2" wall is getting up there in price. either buy some inserts or buy some AL links and have woodlee tap them for you. Same money on that Adam?

.500" wall :eek: :eek:
was working on a deal with the 1.25" JJ's.
i already have the 2" 3/8" wall and some 7/8" shanked FK rod ends i'll probally just get some inserts and go with them.
still :fish: for a while yet.

wade

corey said:
hey Wade, might be able to get pop's to handle that for ya ;) Monster garage tomorrow night??? And on a side note, got the SS running tonight pepper.gif

M.G. yah it's awn. thumb.gif
bring the SS and we'll stress test it now it is back together! loller.gif loller.gif

wade

race_jeep said:
Hey Wade, howya been? Tell the missus I said hi ;D

Hey Wade, not how ya been but WTF ya been !!! Whats up with the disappearing act, the missus gets some bolt ons and you STILL aint worn the new off of them or what ??? laughing1

HOLLA man

blacksheep10 said:
2" 1/2" wall is getting up there in price. either buy some inserts or buy some AL links and have woodlee tap them for you. Same money on that Adam?

Yeah I'm actually looking at putting together a total package of aluminum links( 7075 ) drilled and tapped, and maybe even work out a package with joints and every thing.

P said:
Hey Wade, not how ya been but WTF ya been !!! Whats up with the disappearing act, the missus gets some bolt ons and you STILL aint worn the new off of them or what ??? laughing1

HOLLA man

still ain't motor boated the new off of them yet! thumb.gif
been lurking, stalking and keeping up with ya'll.
after hunting season finished up there seems to be something going on every w/e!

CheapJ7 said:
No doubt.. Wado.. Fittys and beer this weekend at Gooseneck... Holla at us one day//

Sunday maybe?

wade

race_jeep said:
Wel come the fawk on loller.gif

Before I could even say anything to Crystal she asked if we are going to spend some QT together this weekend since I am going to Daytona for bike week next week. So I guess I am out this weekend unless I see an open door. Don't want to use all of my browny points in one week.