• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

link or leaf?

91runner

ok im about to start a build on my 91 4runner. im going to do a sas on it for sure but im trying to get other peoples opinion on 4link of leafs. i go up just about every weekend i go in the snow mud rocks basically what ever is there ill go for it i just want to know what works the best ive had this truck for the past three years and is the only truck i have ever wheeled. so can somebody give me there opinion..
004.jpg

come by my house and you can look at my leaf SAS.
i have seen you rig in town i believe.

Ill make it simple for you...

Leafs are cheap and simple

A link setup is more expensive and complicated but will out perform leaf springs

Do you have the money to spend on a 4 link and the parts, and the abilty to set it up? If you answered no then run leaf springs.

A link setup is more expensive and complicated but will out perform leaf springs

Do you have the money to spend on a 4 link and the parts, and the abilty to set it up? If you answered no then run leaf springs.

i agree with this statment,i have a 86 4-Runner

Yep good input :beer:

He pretty much layed it out-- Stay within your means and ability. One you progress go to the next step

Also leafs if done right will give you alot of use...

ok thanks for the advice guys and another question.will the factory 4-link rear work well with leafs up front.

Last edited:

Latest posts