• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

links and heims

uhohhotdog151

Im replacing all my links soon. Im not sure as to what size ends, and link material i need. Currently a toyota based buggy. 4 link F&R, with coils, 4.3, th350, toy case, toy axles, 37"s. in the future i my want to bump up to a little more powerful v6 or small v8, same tranny, atlas,coil overs, portals, and probably 42-44" tires. So i dont want to replace the links and heims again when i get to that point, but i dont have much disposable income at this time. Any info greatly aprrectiated. I'm still a total noob on the big boy suspensions( anything other than leaves.)

I put it in the want ads, but in case it was missed by someone reading this, I'm looking to buy, or preferably trade for 7/8-1.25" heims, and a bunch of tube for new links. Call or text me with what you have (509)607-9111.

Thanks,
Richter

Ruffstuff heims are a good way to go although the 1 1/4 12 ends are pricey(everyone is around $50 a piece)- its the norm to run these on lowers and 7/8ths heims on the uppers. Some do 5/8ths heims, they will replace them every year or deal with a noisey rig. Heims are also easy to package in small spots versus a cartridge joint.

Lowers: 1 1/4 heims and 2 1/4in x 3/8 wall tube (ive bent 7/8 heims and 2in x 1/4 wall front and rear)
Uppers: my 3/4 heims and 1 1/2in x 1/4 wall has been fine for years (i did just put 7/8 on my front uppers