• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Naches CLOSED for Memoral

WAYCRAZY

I got the official word today.The USFS asked that I post this on all forums. The Little Naches drainage area is closed to all off-road travel for Memorial weekend . The reason given was there is to much windfall trees and chance for Ecological damage. Due to conditions.
I don't know how this will effect the Kittitas side i.e. the funny rocks this is in a different forest district.
If you need more info please contact the Naches Ranger Dist. 509-653-1401

This closure only affects the Little Naches, not the funny rocks.
All camping except Kaner Campground will be closed in the Little Naches

i know of a few people heading to Manashtash today to see how the camping is up there. Sounds like Liberty an maybe Manashtash is the only option that not to far. Ill be heading to Liberty with some SCJ people an my club

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/44843077.html

Area Closed Due to Weather
By Stacy Lilienthal
Watch the story

Snow is keeping a popular campsite closed for the holiday weekend. The Naches Ranger District decided to keep 90 percent of the Little Naches Drainage area closed to campers over Memorial Day Weekend.

Naches District Ranger Randy Shepard says snow is still a foot high in some areas, and it's just not safe. "They are extremely wet because they don't have established surface roads in them and things like that. And that's one of our concerns is that people would tear up the ground and perhaps even get stuck."

They say thousands of people usually come from Yakima, the Tri-cities, and Seattle to camp out that weekend. If you want spots in one of the few open, paved campgrounds at the mouth of the Little Naches Drainage, you better reserve it now.

Just got off the phone with Naches Ranger district. Closure area maps and press release w/pictures will hopefully be up on the USFS web page in the next day or two. The closure area runs generally north and west of Milk Creek Rd. (FS1708). More to follow as the USFS gets info posted.

Seen on another site that if the you can get to the Manashtash Camp Ground, its open.

That was the statment from the FS.

Supose tobe a lot of snow still.....

Any one been there yet?

Has anyone talked with the ranger and offered to put a work party together to remove the downed trees? I would volunteer to join a work party over Memorial day weekend if they opened up a camp ground just for volunteers.

If you can't wheel on it lets work on it!

Has anyone talked with the ranger and offered to put a work party together to remove the downed trees? I would volunteer to join a work party over Memorial day weekend if they opened up a camp ground just for volunteers.

If you can't wheel on it lets work on it!

The trees are just part of the issue. Its the soft wet ground thats most of the problem. They want to keep traffic off the trails until things dry up a bit.

Just got off the phone with Frank, and yes the trails over there are a mess---(the Shindigs got called out on a rig rescue last night at the bottom of Kaner-some young kid in a jeep:rolleyes:)...

The trees are just part of the issue. Its the soft wet ground thats most of the problem. They want to keep traffic off the trails until things dry up a bit.

I understand they do not want the trails wheeled on I was not suggesting we go wheeling; I would walk up to work on the trails. If you can't wheel on the trails lets work on them...

I also understand if you leave the trees across the trails it is harder for people to go wheel the trails illegally.

I understand they do not want the trails wheeled on I was not suggesting we go wheeling; I would walk up to work on the trails. If you can't wheel on the trails lets work on them...

I also understand if you leave the trees across the trails it is harder for people to go wheel the trails illegally.

You can always ask. Just telling you what I get from the meetings. We ill be having some Pre Jamboree workpartys on the trails when they open. The guy in charge is Sam you can reach him at Sam Bissle 509-653-1400

I tried to get to Riders Camp and Manastash camp last night. Could NOT MAKE IT. At least in my street rig. I got about a mile from Riders camp and ran into a 1-2ft deep snow drift that was about 200yds long. You are not getting any trailers or motor homes past it. Wheelers yes, but nothing that needs to be towed. Tried coming up the Taneaum Side and didn't even get near the camp from there. Way too much snow. We did walk to Riders camp throught the snow and found that over half the camp is under 2+ft of snow. Oh ya, it was snowing its ass off when we were up there as well.

The real problem is that people just drive around the trees instead of cutting them out. That really pisses the FS off:booo: