• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Load compensator(?) deletion help

Qman

The Camshaft Guy
Has anyone replaced/deleted the braking valve for the rear axle that compensates for increases in load weight for the rear brakes? I have swapped in an Isuzu axle in the rear of my '84 toyota and no longer want or need it. What have others used to delete it? I am having a real hard time finding meteric fittings or I would just use a junction block.

Never mind.

Father, forgive me for I have sinned. I asked before I searched. :mad:

Thanks again the Chop for the instruction from the other toyota brake thread. Deleting the second line solves the whole problem.

Never mind.

Thanks again the Chop for the instruction from the other toyota brake thread. Deleting the second line solves the whole problem.

Its a pretty easy mod.....:awesomework:

Definitely, I removed the valve, repositioned the line to the line lock. Brake fluid now exits the bleeder on both rear calipers. WOO HOO!! :beer:

Never mind.

good job! Man I thought I was gonna have to type that out again!

I have tossed allot of them things in the garbage.

As for metric fittings, the only one I ever need is one plug to cap the extra hole in the tee on the pass front wheel well. I just take an old line and break off the flare fitting with the little chunk of line still in it and then grind it flush with the end of the hex part and just weld it shut. Right when its cooling ya can watch the bright orange color cool down and you can see if it is a nice capped weld or not.

Instant cap. Probably made over 50 them and never a problem.

But you work right in candy land. All the good hardware and build support bizzs are in your neighborhood so getting a new plug is as easy as WOFSCO.

It takes me two hours just to get to a metric plug from my shop!!

When deleting the second line, just bend the ends out of the way and leave it there. Makes for a nice spare rear line thats already run for a backup in case ya smash or damage the primary one.

good job! Man I thought I was gonna have to type that out again!

I have tossed allot of them things in the garbage.

As for metric fittings, the only one I ever need is one plug to cap the extra hole in the tee on the pass front wheel well. I just take an old line and break off the flare fitting with the little chunk of line still in it and then grind it flush with the end of the hex part and just weld it shut. Right when its cooling ya can watch the bright orange color cool down and you can see if it is a nice capped weld or not.

Instant cap. Probably made over 50 them and never a problem.

But you work right in candy land. All the good hardware and build support bizzs are in your neighborhood so getting a new plug is as easy as WOFSCO.

It takes me two hours just to get to a metric plug from my shop!!

When deleting the second line, just bend the ends out of the way and leave it there. Makes for a nice spare rear line thats already run for a backup in case ya smash or damage the primary one.

Yep, off to Tacoma screw at lunch :awesomework:

Yeah, I got lucky and it popped right up. It wasn't titled for the compensator but the info was there all the same. I even bumped it up so others could find it again. It is going to be so nice to have discs back there. I also installed an adjustable proportioning valve to fine tune it.

Thanks again.

Yeah, I got lucky and it popped right up. It wasn't titled for the compensator but the info was there all the same.

Generally referred to (at least that I've seen) as an LSPV - Load Sensing Proportioning Valve.