• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

local hydro assist parts...

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
http://www.rockstomper.com/catalog/steering/ramassist.htm

Is there a place to have lines made up nearby? I think $225+shipping can be done cheaper or close to it locally... I know there were some links to rams and I can get the tabs/fittings around here pretty easily, but the hydro lines and ram are my real concern here.... plus i need a place to have my steering box tapped (gonna chat with E.C.T. tonight after work) Where would a good place to get fittings be? Would Tacoma Screw-you have them? I'm still trying to familiarize myself with eastside stores....:corn:

Another thing I wanted to ask. With adding hydro-assist. Should I change my TRE's to a clevis style end? It jsut seems that the extra force might not be good on the TRE's :redneck: Do you guys think it'd be ok?:eeek:

my lift in the shop uses the same sie fittings as TGs kit. I drove a rig over the hose and broke it (fitting on the end) last week. I used a extra TG assist hose awile back to fix the same problem (the one thats was now broken), It was way longer than it needed to be. I had the guy at the local CARQUEST cut it in half and crimp a new end on it, then crimp two new ends on the scrap. It cost me about $5 a fitting bought and crimped ($15).

The hose might cost ya if you dont have any.

It was about $100 with all the fittings I needed too. Not just for the lines and ends crimped on. The orbital needed NPT to JIC fittings and so did the ram. That price included the lines from the pump to the reservoir and cooler etc etc etc. ALL of them. The big cost is the hose but with what we do the cost isn't too major at all.

It was about $100 with all the fittings I needed too. Not just for the lines and ends crimped on. The orbital needed NPT to JIC fittings and so did the ram. That price included the lines from the pump to the reservoir and cooler etc etc etc. ALL of them. The big cost is the hose but with what we do the cost isn't too major at all.

Ya, that's not bad at all. I want to find a DIY for tapping my own steering box. But i'm not sure if the spots are the same on my S-10 box as the "outside of the frame" chevy saginaws I have seen tapped. I am wondering if it's just a mirror image....!?!? I'll probably still have someone do it for me, but the next one i'll do myself... Monkey Mimicry! :awesomework::cheer:

West texas offroad has a good writeup. You can always tap the end cap and the top plate above the sector shaft. I think PSC makes a end cap that is already tapped too.

Latest posts