• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Local machinists?

JThompson

Who knows of any good local, or somewhat local, machinists that are fair and reasonable? I might have to have a block machined and/or line-bored. I don't want some jamoke who is out in the sticks and is drunk when I show up. I also don't want to go somewwhere that is way too expensive for what they actually do... obviously. :;

I am in Sultan, and am usually willing to drive a few miles, but like to keep my money local. :awesomework:

Oh, and it is a 22R that has a little rod knock. It runs and drives, but definitely needs to at least be checked. And the head is newer...

Jays Automotive in Lynnwood. I've known Jay for years. He builds great race motors. His shop isnt much to look at, but he does damn good work. Funny fawker too! :redneck:

stilly Napa in arlington is pretty good the ship it out somewher else and also car quest in everett and i had a bad experiance at jays in lynwood with a toyota 22r but who knows i could have been a one time thing

stilly Napa in arlington is pretty good the ship it out somewher else and also car quest in everett and i had a bad experiance at jays in lynwood with a toyota 22r but who knows i could have been a one time thing

I say no on Napa, they fawked up on soft plugs on my dad's ford, (the Napa in snohomish anyways)

Like I said last night, Find someone on a face to face basis, that is the best way:awesomework: I say try the place that bunk is talking about, check out his prices and let me know and we can compare notes on what is fair...:corn:

I say no on Napa, they fawked up on soft plugs on my dad's ford, (the Napa in snohomish anyways)

Like I said last night, Find someone on a face to face basis, that is the best way:awesomework: I say try the place that bunk is talking about, check out his prices and let me know and we can compare notes on what is fair...:corn:

C&D is currently machining and complete assembling a orig 67 427 side oiler for the owner of my shop. How much ya think the block is worth? A little 22r is no problem for them. You will feel their knowledge when you talk to them. Its the only place i will take engine parts to be machined.

Well, the motor appears to be recently gone through. Very clean. Fresh rebuild. Guy rolled it, ran upside down for a few minutes. Now it has a little knock. Not too bad, but there.

Just want a quick check on the block/head mating surface, cylinders, and crank. If it needs more, then so be it. My brother is using it, and all the wiring that came with it, to do an EFI swap into his 1980 Toyota pickup.

jason (Toyotanut) gave me a number of a guy that lives off of old owens road, had my head machined when I did the head gasket, reasonable price, quick turnaround, and so forth, pm for number if you want

jason (Toyotanut) gave me a number of a guy that lives off of old owens road, had my head machined when I did the head gasket, reasonable price, quick turnaround, and so forth, pm for number if you want

I think Aaron told me about this guy. He told me to steer clear... IDK. Thanks for the advice, though.

Is it fairly common for a shop to just check your "stuff" before just tearing into it? I mean, all that could be bad, really, is just rod bearings, and needing the crank turned. Or, it could need a whole new bottom end. Would they check that out for me, for a nominal fee?

Latest posts