• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Local newbie

The Big Cat

Hey guys,

Been lurking around RCC for a while and found this forum for the locals.
Down in Puyallup area.

Usually race r/c boats but my bro in law gave up a box of old rc stuff and I started playing around build a few truck for my boys to smash up....anywho I got myself a tlt-1 to try and build.Props to the RCC guys.....lots of good info over there.....helped me out big time on the build so far.
Nothing special...just a play rig to take to the mountains while riding dirt bikes and wheeling....well no wheeling now as I sold off my trusty 81 toyota...and am still looking for a replacement for it.
here's what I have so far
Custom frame by me...inspired by RCC (the grover thread)
55t motor
87/12 gearing
Losi shocks
Stampede tranny
Narrowed RPM Claw rims
Moab tires.....yeah yeah I know...lhs sucks for options on anything.
Just need to figure out the battery pack and I'll be running it soon I hope.

So I see you all hold comps for time to time.
I'll have to plan to come meet some of you guys, as I've never seem a real crawler in person....only the nylint's my friends have recently purchased.....
They all have laughed at mine...it's so small they say....
I really hope it performs crawling wise....if not back to the drawing board so to speak.Heck it's my first so I don't expect to much from her....just enough to make those nylint down guys down here oh and ah some.....LOL

So I just want to say hey and introduce myself on the board.
Chris (The Big Cat)

Don't doubt your TLT. I could give a hundred reasons why it's better than a WalMart wheeler, but I'll simply stick to the most important (at least in my opinion) YOU BUILT IT! Nothing you buy at Wally World can come close to the fun and satisfaction of your own custom built crawler. Even if you take it out and break it, fixing it is still fun.

It sounds like you got all the right stuff, you should post some pics if you got 'em, we'd love to see them.

Show up at a comp or GTG. My one experience running with these guys was a blast. They're a great group.

welcome aboard! June comp just posted!!!! be there!! :clappy:

bring big tires.:D

and welcome to the best damn wheeling site in the NW. :;

yeah, your'e tlt will kick any nylint's ass most likely, unless it's a heavily modded nylint...anyways yeah you and Codeman55 should come to the comp!
MORETRUCKS=MOREFUN.....oh yeah and more broken **** too!:redneck:

Yeah I should be able to make it out also. I hope to have any bugs worked out by then.
Going to try to make up some delrin links over weekend...as it's a little long right now.
Codeman.... there are all kinds of places down here to play,we'll have to arrange something after the comp....I'm pretty busy until then
I hope to get a nice little course going in the back yard soon.My boys can't wait to play with it, guess I'll have to get sell of a few of my boats I've made over the years to fund 2 more tlt's

Chris

Latest posts