• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Look twice...

The Luke

It's a safe bet that a motorcycle is riding halfway in your lane or right one the center line and you will be blamed when you have no choice but to strike them with your vehicle. I don't get it. Why do 97% of motorcyclists ride on the center line, insist on riding side by side, or split two lanes for absolutely no reason.
35faa92ca7100679d4b11947b686d07c.jpg

Splitting two lanes I don't do when in any traffic. I was always told from being young riding side by side or just a little off from side by side increases your visibility to be seen.

Re:

I noticed many bikers in that group I rode with last Monday did this and it kept freaking me out.

I certainly don't like it when somebody rides up on me like that .....I like my space.

I can assure everyone that when i ride it's definitely in between the lines. I've never been so scared of turn signals from Cars before in my life.

The correct way to ride in a group is staggered. You are supposed to ride in either the right or left side of the lane where car tires ride, especially when raining, but it's really up to the rider and whatever his/her comfort zone is. That is also void when riding back curvy roads.

Riding staggered allows each motorcyclist to swerve left or right if debris is encountered in the road, and also creates a cushion area in front and behind each rider should someone slam their brakes on or something - you dont run into them, you run up beside them or on past them.

Regarding riding side by side, only time I do that is on slow roads in town, no need to be staggered and stretched out, especially with several riders, while going 15 mph through a downtown area.

Everybody rides different, but as long as they are contained within their lane it's legal, so I don't see the issue? On the way back home from Lynchburg last year over Skyline mountain, we followed two guys on Harleys like those in your picture and they rode side by side at 65 mph the entire way back. Lessens your room for error, no way I would ride at highway speeds side by side like that.

9c8b6e6994188c1dd549a2b12e5ee63d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:
The correct way to ride in a group is staggered. You are supposed to ride in either the right or left side of the lane where car tires ride, especially when raining, but it's really up to the rider and whatever his/her comfort zone is. That is also void when riding back curvy roads.

Riding staggered allows each motorcyclist to swerve left or right if debris is encountered in the road, and also creates a cushion area in front and behind each rider should someone slam their brakes on or something - you dont run into them, you run up beside them or on past them.

Regarding riding side by side, only time I do that is on slow roads in town, no need to be staggered and stretched out, especially with several riders, while going 15 mph through a downtown area.

Everybody rides different, but as long as they are contained within their lane it's legal, so I don't see the issue? On the way back home from Lynchburg last year over Skyline mountain, we followed two guys on Harleys like those in your picture and they rode side by side at 65 mph the entire way back. Lessens your room for error, no way I would ride at highway speeds side by side like that.

9c8b6e6994188c1dd549a2b12e5ee63d.jpg

Thank you for googling that.

They ride in the tracks of car tires, less oil, antifreeze and nails and garbage to get a flat, and for visibility, in large groups it keeps the pack tight so not to be a mile long, personally I like the rush of riding the zipper with my foot on the highway peg about 6 inches off the line, never liked the curb lane cause of dogs and deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zjman said:
They ride in the tracks of car tires, less oil, antifreeze and nails and garbage to get a flat, and for visibility, in large groups it keeps the pack tight so not to be a mile long, personally I like the rush of riding the zipper with my foot on the highway peg about 6 inches off the line, never liked the curb lane cause of dogs and deer

That's where I ride. I always ride inside of whatever lane I am in. Unless I drop back in the pack and have to ride on the outside of lane in order to maintain staggered formation.

That totally makes sense. But I see guys on a daily basis riding the "zipper" and floating back and forth into on coming traffic more than a texting 16 yr old. That's what I don't understand. Or like these two who after the pic was taken switched to the right lane and about 6" to the left of the center line. Which blocked both lanes. I get avoiding debris. But I feel like other vehicles pose more of a threat when you ride like an idiot.

we get a lot of motorcycle traffic out toward my house, as it's off a small state hwy that heads out into the "wilds of Jackson county"

Dumbass 2 wheel dicks always riding the double yellow, or stickin their big ol bobble head helmets into my lane.

People in cars regularly cross into the wrong lane, out there too, so I'm surprised there aren't MORE wrecks.

I'd say at least every other week to and from work (6 miles), that I have to avoid a near-head-on collision. No drivin sumbitches ::)

Lmao....bikers are the new Gayzers. :p 8)

I try not to be part of the stereotype....them gay 1/2 civic bike ridin ****ers giving real motorcyclists a bad name

I don't know about y'all but I encounter more asshats that don't know how to drive every day in cars and trucks way more than on two wheels. But seems like everybody that don't ride hates motorcycles for some reason...dumb bikers. LOL.

I've seen a bunch of ass hats on bikes, still can't get why a bike wants to ride beside a semi for like 10 miles. Tire blows he's a goner, there's a lot of people riding bikes now cause it's cool but have zero riding ability

Re:

I have no problem with squids making choices like that, I am a proponent of Charles Darwin and his theory of natural selection. Lol

Come to Dallas, group of "crotch rockets" blocking traffic on toll road so they could pull stunts....
Needless to say I didn't slow up and they moved when I was so close I was going to hit them...

Don't get me wrong; I respect bikers on road but folks like this I have no putty for!