• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Looking for a CB/HAM person

crewchi

I have a RCI-2950 that i got out of my grandpa's shop. He took it out of his semi because it had to many buttons on it! haha. First i want to know is it worth messing with I was going to use it as a CB in my tow rig. I read that this radio was followed by the RCI-2950DX which was better. If it is worth messing with i need to know what antenna to put with it. I do not have the owners manual for refenece. Thanks!

Attachments

• rci2950.jpg
    rci2950.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 84
thats a 10m rig and would need converted to run 11m (cb), its illegal on 11m but that dont seem to faze most people these days, any cb antenna will work after its modded for 11m

hard to beat a stainless 102" whip, but a tall antenna isn't always practical for everyone either. If your sprung on running it (great radio btw) , I wouldn't run it much past the 4 legal watts. Ive been pinched by the FCC for running a 10 m rig, as of late...alotta people seem to think they dont exist anymore. its your call, hard to get busted if your not abusing the wattage, just dont advertise what it is your running, if you get asked..just say its a cobra 29 w/ an m6b:redneck:

Awesome thanks for the info. Do you know where i can find info on how to mod it to 11m? The more info the better i am. I need to see if i can find a owners/operation manual for it.

I have run the ranger 2950 for years in my hound hunting pickup and it works like a champ. As said above run a 102" whip and a good heavy duty spring and you are in business....
I never had to mod my radio and it worked great, even when I put my Texas Star 350 linear behind it!! :redneck:

This radio might actually be modded already. My grandpa ran it in his semi so mabey im good to go for cb.

Is this what im looking for? Coverage Expansion - 26 to 32 Mhz? Im new to the radio scene so all the help i can get would be great.

yep

seems to just be a jumper

just like most of the mod sites say these days to cover their butts..For educational purposes only