• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Looking for a new trailer

Great northern is a good brand also,they are MFGd in oregon..i currently have a 2014 TNT brand 18' 7k alot of paint gone already,fenders already breaking apart. POS! im only hauling cars and quads on it...i know for certain im not overloading it...but it was cheap...

My 03 Eagle 7K, has been a decent trailer...I do take care of it, but I have had to fix the Scotch lok connections...It is a C-channel frame and tongue (exactly the same as a 10K, only with 7K axles)...The base structure has been good to me...I do need to replace the decking now after 12yrs, but it is still useable...
:awesomework:

Thanks for the help guys. I ended up going down to Olympic Trailer innOlympia, and bought a new 20' 10k PJ. The wiring didn't look ghetto. The lights all have connector plugs like you'd see on a flat-4 trailer light plug
The guy tried selling me a cheaper "iron Panther" one with non Dexters, but they were only $400 less. Plus I hadn't heard about them before.

(yes, I know I need longer chains. They didn't bind, and got me home though)

Last edited:
New and shiny! Can I come borrow it:redneck:

Haha, I was going to post a picture on Facebook but I decided not too. I know too many people that would ask to borrow it all the time, or want me to move stuff. :haha: I learned that when I posted pics of the tubing bender.

Pj's are good trailers. I have bought two new ones and sold them after a few years only losing $100 on one and making $350 on the other.

Just curious how they got a 10k rating on 5 lug axles though?

Pj's are good trailers. I have bought two new ones and sold them after a few years only losing $100 on one and making $350 on the other.

^^That. I'm pretty happy with my top notch trailers 18' car hauler.

Attachments

• 11168025_10206701620608312_1108101688040706357_n.jpg
    11168025_10206701620608312_1108101688040706357_n.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 145

It's 6 lug. It was just the angle of the picture that made it look like a 5 lug.

Nice looking trailer.

Get a set of 16", 6-lug rims, and start running 235/85 or 245/75 LT truck tires... even used take-offs.

Piece of mind load capacity when you overload the trailer, and seem to stay together longer than "ST" trailer tires.

The sooner you do it, the more $$ you can make selling the new wheels and tires that came with the trailer to off-set the cost.

Nice looking trailer.

Get a set of 16", 6-lug rims, and start running 235/85 or 245/75 LT truck tires... even used take-offs.

Piece of mind load capacity when you overload the trailer, and seem to stay together longer than "ST" trailer tires.

The sooner you do it, the more $$ you can make selling the new wheels and tires that came with the trailer to off-set the cost.

That's actually a really good idea!
I was thinking about finding good aluminums for it anyway. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

Unfortunately they are hard to find. I've been keeping my eye out and they are hit and miss. You're south, that helps.

If your OK with steel, I have found a couple of a on-line wheel/tire/trailer places you can usually get a set of silver 'mods' for about $200 +/- to your door. Hard to find even decent used wheels for that some times. I like the look of the silver over white anyway, and cheaper than chrome. I need to just buck up and do that for one of my trailers.

Aluminum's would be pimp, but CL has been a big miss for anything decently priced (that wasn't in olympia or something)

Yeah, it seems like anything that would look good, is probably going to be 16x8. I'll probably need more like a 6.5-7 if I had to guess.