• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Looking for a new trailer

Dogboy

What good trailer companies are in the Olympia-Seattle area? I'm looking to get a a new trailer very soon, probably Saturday.
I've found Olympic Trailer, and Bulldog trailers, in Olympia. I'm not sure how good the Bulldog trailers are though.

I need an 18', and preferably a 10k. I just don't want to mess with used trailers with shitty brakes, decks, and tires.

I have never regretted buying my PJ, top quality trailer. I bought mine at Olympic trailers in lacey.

I just bought a used Pj tilt off craigslist. Its like new and $2000 less then Olympic Truck and Trailer wanted. I was looking at new ones, Pjs are real nice and can be financed if you dont have cash. Ended up with a 14k 18' tilt with removeable fenders. My last one had a 102" wide deck with drive over fenders which are a super nice feature too.

I just bought a used Pj tilt off craigslist. Its like new and $2000 less then Olympic Truck and Trailer wanted. I was looking at new ones, Pjs are real nice and can be financed if you dont have cash. Ended up with a 14k 18' tilt with removeable fenders. My last one had a 102" wide deck with drive over fenders which are a super nice feature too.

Thats a lot of why I want new as well, is I want to finance it. I could probably pay cash, but I want to keep my credit going constant, instead of having a big break.

I've heard good things about PJ, that's why I was really considering Olympic. Bulldog's definitely seem cheaper, but I feel like it's for a reason.

My last trailer was a basic Freeway 7k that was reinforced and modified. There are 2 big trailer places in Lacey, go walk around and look at all the different options. I was going to order a 102" wide Pj low deck with 8000 lb oil hubs and flip down ramps but it was a special order and I didnt want to wait a couple months, plus it was $8000.

Ouch! That's a lot. I'd be afraid to get a cheap 7k trailer, then throw my 48-5000lb Ranger on it. That'd be just about overloaded.

I'm looking in the $2500-4000 range. I'd love to get one a year or two old, but I feel like the financing part would be a pain. I'm fine with waiting couple weeks, but not a couple months.

My 7k 18ft works good. My jeep is pretty heavy but I'm still under the limit even with a box on it. Plus 500 dollars is a steal :redneck:

Check out the Trailer place in Rochester off of exit 88. They have the lowest sales tax rate and nice trailers. I am ordering a new Continental 32' from Bulldog this week, they are $5200 cheaper than the same trailer from Olympic. They have the best prices and just look them over, you can tell if they meet your standards or not.

X2 on what Darren said. I think they are called Trailer Boss now, they have one there in Grand Mound off exit 88 and one up on Martin Way in Lacey. Nick and I both bought out trailers from them, they have always been one of the cheapest around.

For every crappy used trailer you find, there are 20 more new ones with Carlisle tires, garbage grade decking, chineese bearings, NON Dexter axles and brake hardware, garbage wiring, ETC.

Dont think these MFGers are offering deals on QUALITY stuff, they ARENT.

Please dont support the bankers of america (if your lucky the bank is not foreign owned) with a trailer loan.

Buy from a NEIGHBOR, not a BANKER. Just my .02 :D

For every crappy used trailer you find, there are 20 more new ones with Carlisle tires, garbage grade decking, chineese bearings, NON Dexter axles and brake hardware, garbage wiring, ETC.

Please dont support the bankers of america (if your lucky the bank is not foreign owned) with a trailer loan.

That is my thought with the cheap trailers. Cheap for a reason.
If i do a loan, it will be through white River Credit Union, here in Enumclaw, not a big bank.

:D
They ALL have garbage wiring....Bulldog, Eagle, PJ, Magnum, etc...I don't care who made it. I have not seen a trailer without scotchloks for splices......:mad:

For every crappy used trailer you find, there are 20 more new ones with Carlisle tires, garbage grade decking, chineese bearings, NON Dexter axles and brake hardware, garbage wiring, ETC

Chop's forgotten to mention the biggest 'crappy' construction technique of all. It's the main deck frame. If it's built of angle, it will bend. If it's built with 4 inch C channel (for 16 foot) or 5 inch C channel (for 20 foot), then it will stay straight.

Trailking makes a great trailer with sealed wiring harness' and components built to last. Unfortunately they are double the cost of most others. The Olympic MFG
trailers sold at Capitol Industrial are very nice also. Both are built more for everyday use than for the weekender.

For personal use you can't go wrong with PJ or Loadtrail. We have both here at work and they have held up very well. Like Kevin said, wiring can be an issue on any of them.

They ALL have garbage wiring....Bulldog, Eagle, PJ, Magnum, etc...I don't care who made it. I have not seen a trailer without scotchloks for splices......:mad:

My PJ doesn't have a single scotch lock, and only a few butt connectors. Never gad a single wiring problem with it.

Chop's forgotten to mention the biggest 'crappy' construction technique of all. It's the main deck frame. If it's built of angle, it will bend. If it's built with 4 inch C channel (for 16 foot) or 5 inch C channel (for 20 foot), then it will stay straight.

My old trailer bent in half from driving on and off with no ramps. It was just an angle iron frame and c channel tongue.

My old trailer bent in half from driving on and off with no ramps. It was just an angle iron frame and c channel tongue.

ALL angle iron frames bend in half. The weight of the load (the jeep's tires) are located at the front and back edges, and press down. The support for the trailer (the axles) are in the center, and effectively push up. After a few years, they all look like a frown.

I love my homemade trailer! Shopping for trailers is what made me go get steel and axles!

Some may have been cheap, but they just plain suck in quality and layout/features.

I got a new Eagle 10k 18' tilt deck that I had for about 1 year. Paint chipped right off going down the road, never had light issues but I bet I would have. I had to drill drain holes in the square tube that housed the tail lights cause they filled up with water. Cheap cheap. I have an 2003 build year big tex gooseneck now and it seems in better shape then my 2014 Eagle. I dont know where trailer companies go to hire their welders either but it must be close to the Home dept parking lot.

I like loadtrail, big tex and PJ. I think I would try and go with one of them.

More then happy with My BigTex dump trailer. Beat the hell out of it daily and still looks new and have never had a problem. Not sure what BigTex has for flatbeds. But If they are built 1/2 as good as the heavy use trailers I wouldn't bat an eye.