• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

looking for brackets and info for gm altinator-22r

k2blazen

Trying to get a 1 wire gm alt. to my 22r motor heard of people doing so ,but never done it ,If anybody could fab up the brackets or has one laying around or to copy would help .

I am running 2 deepcycles battery 6 rock lights under chasis, CB,winch -need to fix my charging problems.

any info would help thanks mike....

Cheap alternative to the GM 1 wire on a 22R engine

I had this exact setup in my 81 with a 22R, and had NO problems. Cost....nothing if you have a handfull of washers, two bolts, the 22R AC pump brackets, and two steel tabs.

Your alternator will be on the passenger side if you do what I did, and it worked well.

1: Do you have AC in your rig?

2: If not use the brackets off the AC pump, the lower mount and top adjuster. If you do then get the brackets off the guy at Yotatech. Muddpigg just picked up the brackets since he loves his AC too much to part with it.

3: To make this work use two steel tabs, one set of holes to bolt onto the lower AC pump bracket, and another set drilled out to fit a bolt to your new alternator. Use the washers to space out the alternator to line up with the pullies, find a belt that works, and tighten up the alternator with the top AC pump adjuster. Volla....It's on, just wire it up and you're off with a better than the 40 AMP stock alternator.

Last edited:
Yeah, You can pick up the cs130 at a junkyard pretty cheap and they are great alts. I put one on my 3.0 and it was a bitch but the 22r looks much easier. I think 'm going to help my buddy put one on his 81' when he installs his winch.
Wow Pou you said something useful and didn't F with anyone. I almost shatt myself.