• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Losi crawler

:eeek: Question about the losi crawler......I have traxxas TQ3 controller, and a 2215 traxxas receiver and a stock speed controller, and two HiTtec
HS-5245 servors for the front and rear....anyways....the two stock servos worked fine but could'nt hack it...so thats why i got the other two servos....but now those two better servos have fried the stock speed controller....and because of that i tried using a friends Tekin Rebel speed cotroller and it worked but it still got a little warm and didnt want to hurt it and the front servo gets pretty warm....was curious if any one had any recommendations on what to use....:mad:

:eeek: Question about the losi crawler......I have traxxas TQ3 controller, and a 2215 traxxas receiver and a stock speed controller, and two HiTtec
HS-5245 servors for the front and rear....anyways....the two stock servos worked fine but could'nt hack it...so thats why i got the other two servos....but now those two better servos have fried the stock speed controller....and because of that i tried using a friends Tekin Rebel speed cotroller and it worked but it still got a little warm and didnt want to hurt it and the front servo gets pretty warm....was curious if any one had any recommendations on what to use....:mad:

Go to a novak rooster crawler ($100) or a mamba max ($130) for the esc. With the higher voltage output of the rooster it should turn easier with out so much lost to heat.:awesomework:

Go to a novak rooster crawler ($100) or a mamba max ($130) for the esc. With the higher voltage output of the rooster it should turn easier with out so much lost to heat.:awesomework:

would this work ok to...!!! The Tekin FXR since i already have it on the way....

would this work ok to...!!! The Tekin FXR since i already have it on the way....

fxr would be fine,you may also want to get a bec.I had to install one with mine running a single servo(airtronics) off of a mamba25.My other mrc, same esc, uses a towerpro and needs no bec......different servos require different demands

Cause the stock batterys are a 7.2v 1100 Ni-MH.....does it work to use a 7.4v 1000 MAH lipo.....or will it fry things :eeek: or in other words what do you guys recommend with the two servos and the FXR ...for a more little balls...cause its seems to stuggle :redneck:

Cause the stock batterys are a 7.2v 1100 Ni-MH.....does it work to use a 7.4v 1000 MAH lipo.....or will it fry things :eeek: or in other words what do you guys recommend with the two servos and the FXR ...for a more little balls...cause its seems to stuggle :redneck:

Well if its 7.4v--that would be a 2 cell lipo--I would say you are ok. Its the voltage you are worried about--not the Mah.....

These can be turned into the same level competition crawlers as the 2.2 or super crawlers

How? can you explain this please? From what I have seen, the same level performance as far as emptying your wallet and half the performance of a 2.2 or super. I am not hating, just putting out the truth.

I got a 1.9 challenge posted up on WARCRC, you up for it Nate? Your statement here sparked my intent.

Last edited:
Couple vids of mine:awesomework:

These can be turned into the same level competition crawlers as the 2.2 or super crawlers :cool: .........don't listen to the haters:;

How? can you explain this please? From what I have seen, the same performance as far as emptying your wallet and half the performance of a 2.2 or super. I am not hating, just putting out the truth.

I got a 1.9 challenge posted up on WARCRC, you up for it Nate? Your statement here sparked my intent.

two completely different things...

FAIL:rolleyes:

why don't you 2 1.9 crawler guys come to the comp this sunday in monroe and run with us 2.2 guys and we will see what is better than we can settle this:awesomework:

How? can you explain this please? From what I have seen, the same level performance as far as emptying your wallet and half the performance of a 2.2 or super. I am not hating, just putting out the truth.

Same thing as a TLT or Axial or Super, as far as emptying of the wallet(not as expensive though). I have kept more of the original components from the mini Losi than my 2.2 axial crawler, my old TLT, or my clod and Gmade supers. On my axial, I have only kept the axles and tranny, my TLT I only kept the axles, and the clod and Gmade I only kept the axles.
On my mini Losi, I have kept the axles, tranny, driveshafts, lower links, ESC, and rx.

I guess I don't understand where you are coming from with having to empty your wallet more with these than any other, to achieve a top level competition car. Sure, Melvin has kicked butt with a mostly stock Axial, but we all know he's weird:D(love ya Melvin:awesomework:)

As far as half the perfomance of a 2.2 or super, I would disagree. Can they make all lines that a 2.2 can make? No, but they can do 60-70% of lines that a 2.2 can do, only thing stopping it would be a wheelbase thing, same thing if you took a 2.2 and ran it on super lines. A 2.2 can do most any line a super can, except where the wheelbase prevents it from reaching.

I'll have to check out the 1.9 challenge thread you are talking about:cool:

damn..list of mods????

Gatekeeper Designs Mini GC2 chassis kit
Vanquish Products Lil Harry beadlocks
Blue compound Claws
Metal lockers(tranny and rearends)
Hitec 645mg servo
Grappler body
Losi Insane motor
2cell 800mah Zippy lipo
Aluminum upgraded Losi shocks(limited internally 1/2")
CVD's
Belly clearance is 1 7/8"

That about sums up the mods.:awesomework: