• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lost key to Toyota Tacoma

L

lowbudgetjunk

Yes, it was the only key. Yes, I am kicking myself. No, I cant remember it is has a Transponder. It was optional, but I dont think it has one. Tips tricks?

Haha winner. That's the same key I use on the sammy! :****:
Locksmith will ass rape Ya on this one for sure.. Smart move. Now if Ur super noid put some kinda kill switch on it incase someone wants Ur **** more than you.

Not sure if the dealer can get a new cylinder and key that will be the same as the doors. (Some manufactures can by the vin.) If not, then find a wrecked one and get door cylinders, ignition and key and swap all that stuff out.

Ha Ya gotta remember who the OP is!!! Ain't none of that happening. He will be using a screw driver forever!! Or maybe go to push button. But I would bet his ass aint Goin to the dealer. No way. Haha

Re:

Ok what year model? Depending on the year, the dealer can rewrite the seed number in the transponder ECU and program a new key. With the vin they cut a new using the key code that will work all the doors.

Re:

If it is a non transponder key, just take the vin get a key cut. You can take the door panel off get the key code off the drivers door latch.

Locksmith drove from bham to my house. Close to Huntsville al. Cut me a key with transponder and charged me 110$. Not to bad if you ask me

Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
If it is a non transponder key, just take the vin get a key cut. You can take the door panel off get the key code off the drivers door latch.

Completely forgot about that. Probably have to take some proof that you own the truck with you.

Yes. Take a title, BOS, or insurance bill. I bought a Jeep a few months ago and lost the one key within 1 day. Lol. Dealer in town cut me a new key for $7.

It hath no doors. It hath no keyhole for the ignition either, anymore. It does have a custom set of Vicegrips that double as a brakeline repair kit.

kushKrawlin said:
Ha Ya gotta remember who the OP is!!! Ain't none of that happening. He will be using a screw driver forever!! Or maybe go to push button. But I would bet his ass aint Goin to the dealer. No way. Haha
Lol, wife had an old doo-doo brown VW rabbit with a doorbell starter. Whatever works!

Re: Re: Lost key to Toyota Tacoma

fordcontraption01 said:
sounds like a sweet ride :dunno: any pics of said creature?
What's left of the ignition.

d2cdb3670ab38e496cc8dc3f50de5e8c.jpg

Tacoma with no doors

a74a6594bdd88bce27e19b877ee51d79.jpg

Kel Lawrence

Re: Re: Lost key to Toyota Tacoma

fordcontraption01 said:
That really is a sweet ride hitit you really fawked up that ignition
I disagree :) it didn't work before, now it does.

Truth be told, batteries got to be moved out of the engine bay, lights need to be wired, longer cables for the Winch. Might as well do all the electrical at one time. KMCMINN said he would help.

Kel Lawrence