• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Low Budget rear engine, 37"s

Armor for the diff. Rhodes housing is not up to rock bashing. Added some plate to the bottom.
20200718_180159.jpg

For brakes I wanted to reuse the 99 E350 rear rotors and GM 3/4 ton calipers. The pilot of the rotors was opened up to fit over a 99-04 unit bearings I was running and fit the 05 unit bearings the same. Bearing was drilled 8-6.5" pattern.
I did have to grind the knuckle and caliper to fit but very, very little. Casting joint ridges mostly.
Cut out a couple of tabs and bolted it all together. 16" with 3 3/4" backspace wheels mounted in one of the pictures. It's all back together and works well. Happy with the little bit of steering angle I gained too.
20200728_181911.jpg
20200728_182422.jpg
20200728_182430.jpg

I was getting ready to post that also...
Maybe there something that were not seen in the pictures but it does look like the lead tab could be pulled down and the following tab could be pushed up. Causing a major cocking situation.

Maybe you can weld the tabs to the knuckle ? I've welded high steer arms to these so I wouldn't sweat it.

You guys are absolutely correct. I questioned the same thing during assembly. I spaced the caliper off the rotor to "center it" then tightened the tab hardware. Disassembled and welded in the red locations.
20200728_182422_LI.jpg
20200728_182430_LI.jpg

What kind of wire are you using? I've never seen scribbly weld like that. Looks like a piece of metal wire my wife uses for Christmas decorations....that'll never hold.

Buggy is coming along great, man! Keep it up

Can we get some internet welding experts in here ASAP!
I'm pretty sure you have to walk the cup not hostess cupcake loopy de loops and you will definitely have to back purge!

Latest posts