• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS 5.3 on propane?

Man, I wish all vendors were like Buddy! It's really good to hear from someone who knows what he's talking about and wants to share his knowledge. He understands that an educated customer will be a happy customer. I've run TBI for 15 years and don't expect to change, but if I were to change or someone asked me who to go to for propane, you can bet I'd send 'em Buddy's way. :dblthumb: (TAKE NOTE, HOWELL)

altfuel1991 said:
I assume you are talking about propane injection. We install that on current model vehicles with fuel injection. The OEM power control module and sensors are needed as well as the harness just like on gasoline. We actually set them up as bi-fuel to run on gas or propane.

As far as the 425 or X450, richening up the fuel is the same as going to bigger jets in a gas carburetor. If the ratio is not correct you are just wasting fuel and causing excessive heat in your engine because that fuel is still burning as it goes out past the exhaust valves.

Buddy

Actually I was referring to running a mild turbo setup, to force air through the 425, so it wouldn't limit flow on the top end with a high revving motor.

Actually a blow thru setup will "fool" the mixer into becoming a higher flowing unit as long as the balance tubes are all in place connecting the mixer to vaporizer to lockoff.

Let me know how I can help,

Buddy Gamel
Precision Sales & Service, Inc.
451 64th Place South
Birmingham, Ala. 35212

877-403-7827
205-591-2267, fax

[email protected]
[email protected]

www.alternatefuel.com